Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 06:27 AM

Default similiar to the \'paranoia\' post...

Villian is 43/7/1 after 137h.

Raise flop continuation bet: 1/24
Call flop continuation bet: 13/24
Fold flop continuation bet: 10/24

In all situations, regardless of position, num opponents, etc, when confronted with a flop bet:
Fold: 48%
Raise: 7%

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds,

Is it OK to fold this one? I can't imagine any situation other than him having a Q. What if I didn't have a read?
Old 12-01-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Re: similiar to the \'paranoia\' post...

you fit all those stats in your layout?
Old 12-01-2005, 06:40 AM

they will probably be in PA HUD. what a program. I have only just registered it and am feeling it out, but boy howdy it is useful.

As for the hand, if they have raised the flop so infrequently, you gotta be behind, the board is not draw heavy. AQ, KQ, 55, 44 are all possibly by a button cold call (although i would 3bet AQ KQ and would probably 3bet the pairs to isolate). I think a fold is okay, but I usually peel then check-fold. Could be why i am leaking money [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I also played like a tool last night, so waffle, if you sat with me on stars, i apologise.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:49 AM

Climber,
I fit them all on a pop-up.

Peter,
Me too. Don't worry, we blend in well with the natives.

Best wishes,
waffle
Old 12-01-2005, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a fold is okay, but I usually peel then check-fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this and usually play it this way. You have two outs to beat him, and occasionally they will bluff an OESD and check the turn. It's also good metagame not to have your fold to flop raise too high. Even donks figure that one out.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:15 AM

All,

I think calling the flop raise and planning to fold to a turn bet has no merit. Let's fold it now or take it to showdown. We're throwing away 0.5 bbs almost all of the time. On occasion, we hit a J or the villian checks the turn, but not often enough to make up the investment IMO. I'm all for metagame but I'm not for throwing away ~0.4 BBs for a play that probably won't even be noticed.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:41 AM

yeah i dont see what he's raising that you beat really, OESD is bit stupid HU and killing his own field.

fold.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

I think calling the flop raise and planning to fold to a turn bet has no merit. Let's fold it now or take it to showdown. We're throwing away 0.5 bbs almost all of the time. On occasion, we hit a J or the villian checks the turn, but not often enough to make up the investment IMO. I'm all for metagame but I'm not for throwing away ~0.4 BBs for a play that probably won't even be noticed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:32 AM

i totally agree, i think about the metagame too much because of SSHE's little section on loose calls to prevent looking like we fold to much.

But i gotta stop doing it. So waffle, if you see me, now you know to take shots on the flop :P
Old 12-01-2005, 11:14 AM

You have mid pair in a small pot and an opponent that is loose passive as far as you can tell. You want him calling with mid pair when you have TP, not the other way around.
I'd probably call the bet in the heat of battle trying not to be weak/tight, but that's a mistake IMO.