Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-27-2005, 01:17 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Wonderful situation....

Just sharing a scene from last night.

Tail end of a 10+ hour session so I'm a little tired along with other stuff that comes with being tired.

This happened a hand or 2 after the table just missed a bad beat JP because a guys kicker didn't play. All's he needed was a Q, K or an A and, well, he'd have gotten $40k. Them's the brakes when you play T5s in EP, river quads and lose. [censored]. This was a great table, btw...lots of chasing and stuff.

So anyways, the near miss was the talk of the table...Minds wander. The dealer is actually pretty good. But everyone screws up once in awhile...

I limp in LP/mp with 88 behind a couple limpers. Someone else limps somewhere behind me, the sb completes, the BB raises everyone calls. (It normally wasn't this good preflop...)

Flop J 7 7r

BB bets out(seemingly unsure. Seems like a tester bet), 2-3 callers to me, I'm thinking a quick moment, basically processing the BB's bet) as 2 guys call behind me. WTF? Dealer's yapping and brings the bets in as I start saying to wait a second. Nope, nothing doing, here comes the turn!

Turn 6

Everyone checks as I'm getting real animated now. Dealer's in their own world it seems. Now the guy next to me realizes kind of what I'm saying and asks if I'm allowed to act. Dealer burns for the river(as now I'm clapping overhead to get their attention) then acknowledges me and my turn to act before they bring the river card, then ask about my action.

I ask them if they realize I didn't act on the flop and that the turn card will have to be taken back. Dealer blinks a moment as I can see the realization hits them of just how screwed up this situation is. They pull the turn card back a bit (indicating that it will be going back into the deck) and ask me what I want to do.

A big part of me knows I have a big unfair advantage right now. Not of my own doing, but nonetheless. BB doesn't have an overpair, likely just 2 over cards (AK). No one has a J or a 7 as the turn got checked around. So time seems to stop as the dealer calls the floor as they(the table) are snapping back into reality, dealer included. The table is a pretty nice table, really. Real nice. I figured if one of these guys wins the pot, they'll be giving it back anyways. Along with the fact that I'm being hit with a wave of wanting to bat the dealer upside the head and telling them to keep their damn head on the game. So to make things easy, I take a breath, sigh, and say 'f*ck it' and fold, telling them to continue on with the hand(this all before the floor gets there). I take a walk for about 10-15 mins. I don't know how the hand turned out, I don't care.

Later on as the dealer was going on break, they were on another table when I returned to the game, they came over and apologized to me profusely. They knew they f*cked up. Hey, people screw up. I know it wasn't personal or anything. Sh*t happens.

But I didn't realize just how pissed I was about the situation until I took that walk. Which is one reason I'm glad I left when I did.

Thanks for readin' if ya got this far. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

b
Old 11-27-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Wonderful situation....

Bernie,

Floding was a really classy move and talking the walk was rather wise as well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Well done,

Jimbo
Old 11-27-2005, 02:07 PM

nh
Old 11-27-2005, 02:34 PM

Old 11-27-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bernie,

Folding was a really classy move and taking the walk was rather wise as well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
There is no floding in poker and you talk a walk.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bernie,

Folding was a really classy move and taking the walk was rather wise as well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
There is no floding in poker and you talk a walk.

[/ QUOTE ]

DAMN! Busted by the typing police again! I hate it when that happens! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

FLOD Flagrant Liberators of Dereth FLOD
Old 11-27-2005, 05:44 PM

How on earth were you incapable of stopping the action before they could complete the betting on the flop AND on the turn???

--Were you playing in a foreign country, and not fluent in their language?

--Were you choking on something? Was something lodged in your throat?

Good thing you folded, because if I'm the floor, I'm killing your hand, anyway, for failing to protect your action.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:01 PM

I don't play live much, but if you will need more then a couple seconds to act, then shouldn't you call "time" to protect your turn? Or is there something else you guys do instead of calling "time"?
Old 11-27-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play live much, but if you will need more then a couple seconds to act, then shouldn't you call "time" to protect your turn? Or is there something else you guys do instead of calling "time"?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there is not, although calling "time" is a viable option. But be sure to keep your cards both plainly visible and protected. It's quite common for B&M noobs to keep their hands over their cards, which often leads to action out of turn by someone who doesn't realize that the person is still in the hand.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there is not, although calling "time" is a viable option. But be sure to keep your cards both plainly visible and protected. It's quite common for B&M noobs to keep their hands over their cards, which often leads to action out of turn by someone who doesn't realize that the person is still in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I did that first time too, I kept cupping my hand over my cards to protect my hand until someone said something. Now I just use a chip on top.