Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-18-2005, 01:37 AM

Default one pair, insanely huge pot

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB ($500.40)
Hero ($470.40)
UTG ($143)
MP ($527.30)
CO ($371.20)
Button ($406.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.

UTG, MP, CO, SB limp, I raise to $30, UTG, MP, CO call.

Flop: ($124) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players)

I bet $100, UTG goes all-in for $113, MP reraises to $225, CO calls. Action on me.

UTG is terrible and MP seems somewhat LAG. Not much read on CO.

Just an orbit or two again UTG had posted UTG, everyone folded to me, I raised to $20, he called, he called $30 on a rag flop and folded to $100 all-in on the the turn (a king).
Old 11-18-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: one pair, insanely huge pot

i wasn't worried until i saw "CO Calls". I think he's got a monster and trying to take everyone along for a ride, also try not to build the pot OOP.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:58 AM

Ouch. I would fold here given that you still get a ton of info, and that given PF action it's relatively unlikely that a TAG player has TT/JJ, although it is a possible holding for CO . That said, I think even if you do call you're going to be up against a power draw or set somewhere in there.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:59 AM

He is in position and pot-comitted.

I couldn't figure out why he would not push there if he felt he had the best hand. Nearly half the deck is a huge action killer on the turn.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:04 AM

after CO cold calls, I think you got to lay it down.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He is in position and pot-comitted.

I couldn't figure out why he would not push there if he felt he had the best hand. Nearly half the deck is a huge action killer on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

because he sucks at poker is a possibility

I like your line, and fold
Old 11-18-2005, 02:58 AM

Would it be fair of me to say that most of you are concerned about CO mostly? You figure he has a set?

Consider first that me and the LAG both have him covered and will play a side pot... and unless someone has somehow flopped the straight, I still have some equity in this huuuuuuuuge pot. I'm not so sure that it's as simple as "I think you're behind, you should fold." Maybe it is, but no one has convinced me yet.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:09 AM

well I'll do my best to convince you, I'll spit out some not too coherent thoughts

like I said before CO could be slowplaying because he sucks at poker, and even thought MP is somewhat LAG, can you really think he'll do this with a pp that didn't reraise preflop and is now behind your QQ?

I think you'll be lucky to be a coinflip with either MP or CO (which is very +EV since it's 4-way) but this will not make up for the times you have 0-2 outs

Basically you've shown huge strength, MP has raised into a dry side pot (showing very big strength) and CO has cold-called (also showing very big strength)

I think the chance that MP and CO both have overpairs less than your QQ is very very small

not too mention UTG doesn't automatically have crap here
Old 11-18-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is everyone so afraid of CO? I think MP scares the [censored] out of me. LAG means he's raising TT/JJ PF almost always, and his raise AFTER AN ALL IN means he's not just running a [censored] semibluff.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is everyone so afraid of CO? I think MP scares the [censored] out of me. LAG means he's raising TT/JJ PF almost always, and his raise AFTER AN ALL IN means he's not just running a [censored] semibluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we are just going with the (it takes more to call than it tkes to raise) and cold calls after such a scary action is scarier.