Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 08:46 AM

Default Re: $55\'s... Poker > My Business History Paper... Ah, procrastination

I am suprised by the general tone of this thread. Unless the Villain is known to rarely limp and only do so with KK or AA isn't this a standard push? I think you will have the best hand here and not be called a lot of the time. I will push with a much weaker holding than AT.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A general rule with my posts is that I don't have any reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerAce or similar software is very important in these situations. If they have a VP$IP of 40% or something then push. If it's 10%, then you could be in trouble.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So in short, I have no idea how much MP has limped.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's a chronic limper but will fold to a raise, I'll push.

If he's a chronic limper that doesn't like to be pushed around and will call with KJ,77 etc. I'll call.

If he rarely limps, I'll pass.

If he limps once or twice per orbit, I'll call (although I think calling here is inviting aggressive players from the blinds to push and pick up all of the dead money).

[/ QUOTE ]

All that sounds good. What if you have no read?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A general rule with my posts is that I don't have any reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerAce or similar software is very important in these situations. If they have a VP$IP of 40% or something then push. If it's 10%, then you could be in trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great suggestion, but with the relative infrequency of playing with the same people how can you use this data reliably with a small sample size? So he's involved in 4/10 hands that you have data on so far - that means nothing at this point. If I had 1000 hands on the player it may be a different story.

I use PT and PAHud as well, but it's important to be able to pickup on peoples play styles without the crutch. Pay attention to the hands you aren't playing in and figure out the player. You can usually tell when someone is weak-tight or LAG (as well as other styles) just by paying attention.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:56 AM

I have done both in this situations over about q4309578203948524385294385 sng's. I by far prefer folding this. With your stack, I would rather push any 2 than push this over a caller. That's just me and it's worked out, for limits $33-109's
Old 11-11-2005, 10:59 AM

"You can ovserve a lot just by watchin" - Yogi Berra.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why do I not know what to do in these situations?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it is a borderline situation. Any option (folding pushing, standard raise) is open to you, and you won't lose much EV chosing either one.

If I have seen him limp even once with big blinds without a monster, I am personally raising or pushing (depending on amount of table action), since I see so many people limping QTo or some other crap in this position, and I feel many of them know enough not to call raises with those hands.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:05 PM

My thoughts. A raise is awkward because it leaves me with so little after the flop. If I miss the flop it's very hard to c-bet, and if I hit the flop I could easily be behind anyways. I'd hate to have to move in on any board to be called by low pp's and the like. I don't think he folds very much either after limping.

I don't like folding because that's no fun. But seriously, I think those reasons are obvious. I have a good hand with good position and no one has really shown too much strength sooo.

And pushing seems like a decent option, but it seems like a very risky spot considering I think I'm beat or flipping a decent portion of the time. Mmmmm, nah now that I'm writing this I think I go push. If he has AJ whatever. A flip's not the end of the world, and he folds a bunch. I think push is the best play.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:56 PM

I do not understand this title as it does not apply to what you ask anyway this is the easy ALL IN becase bad guy has the not g00t hand.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:12 PM

No one has even mentioned the SB behind, so I guess it isnt important. I thought it was relevant, but ive been wrong before...

I feel very good about my stack at the 55s here and would probably fold without a semi-read on the limper and the blinds behind me.