Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 01:35 PM

Default $55\'s... Diamonds Are Forever

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero (t1815)
BB (t1480)
UTG (t975)
UTG+1 (t875)
MP1 (t670)
MP2 (t1075)
MP3 (t1080)
CO (t1070)
Button (t960)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t30, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t150) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t150) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t125</font>, BB calls t125, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t1045 (All-In)</font>, Button folds, Hero ?

Final Pot: t1445

Smells like slowplay up in hurr. Weird spot to push the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] too. I'm just afraid a weaker A thinks he's good. Other dude's behind me too, but I'm not terribly concerned.

I was planning on check calling the flop and 1/2 potting most turns. Obviously this isn't set in stone because of all the shizz that can go down, but I'm not playing a big pot on the flop. Feel free to comment on that too.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: $55\'s... Diamonds Are Forever

i'm intrigued about your line.

what was your reasoning behind checking the flop?

then what changed when you decided to bet the turn? (and further, instead of taking another line on the turn?)

c
Old 11-08-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm intrigued about your line.

what was your reasoning behind checking the flop?

then what changed when you decided to bet the turn? (and further, instead of taking another line on the turn?)

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I edited in flop logic just as you replied. I don't want to play a big pot on the flop, but I don't want to fold either. I think my hand's value increases a lot if we get to a turn cheaply (both because higher [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] draws have way less equity and because if we got their cheaply my hand looks better against the range). I basically wanna send it around and sees what goes down. My hand's value is very volatile in relation to potential action.

Turn I think a bet is good because I have a pretty big hand given the flop action, people shouldn't be semi-bluffing because it is really bad unless they know exactly how I play, and I don't like a c/r because it's awkward and let's opponents play too well. Betting also charges draws and worse hands that won't bet.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:46 PM

I'm fine with your line as is. It's hard to play these hands from EP. I am pretty sure you are losing to the CR all in. In the event that he's a weaker ace, then so it goes, but I'm not too reluctant to let go of my marginal hand here. You still have chips to play around with; don't get busted out on a borderline scenario that makes you second-guess your play.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm fine with your line as is. It's hard to play these hands from EP. I am pretty sure you are losing to the CR all in. In the event that he's a weaker ace, then so it goes, but I'm not too reluctant to let go of my marginal hand here. You still have chips to play around with; don't get busted out on a borderline scenario that makes you second-guess your play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the input.

But just to clarify, no one check raised.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:00 PM

Oops! Sorry. You're right, but it still doesn't change my opinion of the situation.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:14 PM

I'm not sure what the issue is here. You have what you want...your opponent crushed. You have the high set and a high flush draw. Easy easy call.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:19 PM

Seems like an awfully bold spot for him to bluff. Slowplaying the flush seems more likely. A full house that was afraid to bet the flop seems possible. An ace you outkick is certainly possible, but I think it is a good fold. Not sure if I would make it gametime though.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:25 PM

I think your hand is good and you should call. What hand that beats you makes that play? I see a K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] draw maybe doing that, or maybe nothing. A smart player might play a flopped flush that way... Your flop check and turn lead looks like you're trying to pick up the pot and the all-in is a resteal.

Am I the only one who is leading on this flop and then pushing that turn? Just watch A4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] call you.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like an awfully bold spot for him to bluff. Slowplaying the flush seems more likely. A full house that was afraid to bet the flop seems possible. An ace you outkick is certainly possible, but I think it is a good fold. Not sure if I would make it gametime though.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow I think you guys are overestimating villain here. A FH would put villain squarely on 66 or AT/A6 (TT I doubt), both of which would bet the flop with the Ds outs there and both of which would/should not push the turn and let and single ds draw to the river.

A made flush on the flop is more likely than the Fh scenarios, but not enough to make me fold this.

I think you're overthinking this.