Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: $55\'s... You have no idea how strong I am... or do you?

dam. - I'm sure I'll get to bust one of those guys one day...
Old 11-07-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it when some of the best posters are wrong once in a while [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant fold to the push, but I like the raise in the first place much more then a crazy overbet allin or an open fold, which part do you think im wrong about?
Old 11-07-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like it when some of the best posters are wrong once in a while [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant fold to the push, but I like the raise in the first place much more then a crazy overbet allin or an open fold, which part do you think im wrong about?

[/ QUOTE ]

He thinks we're wrong because we don't like open pushing...I think open pushing sucks. SNGPT be damned...As EB has said, just because it is spitting out a +sign when you hit compute...it is NOT telling you to push!!!

Future EV here is a big deal for me.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:35 PM

But i am argueing that raising to 275 has a higher $ev then open pushing even if open pushing is a winning play.

SNGPT is not equipped to argue against that.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But i am argueing that raising to 275 has a higher $ev then open pushing even if open pushing is a winning play.

SNGPT is not equipped to argue against that.

[/ QUOTE ]

well that too...I don't think anyone was advocating folding. raising and playing from position is nice too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2005, 04:51 PM

I think i call here. the raise is fine, as I would fold to a push by the sb, but I dont think bb has enough for me to fold here. There is already 1405 in the pot and it's costing me 805 to call. close to 2 to 1 on the call, and A10 isn't garbage.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:51 PM

FWIW, with a read on my opponent as typcial ABC SNG'er, I've frequently been restealing here with top 80% (i.e. "almost any two") to great effect recently.

I fall in to the camp of either open-pushing this hand from the button to begin with - which I see often being called by a much better range (for us) compared to the hand range which will push back over you - or making a typical preflop raise and calling anything but the rockiest of players.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think i call here. the raise is fine, as I would fold to a push by the sb, but I dont think bb has enough for me to fold here. There is already 1405 in the pot and it's costing me 805 to call. close to 2 to 1 on the call, and A10 isn't garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont you feel it is early yet for BB to be pushing your raise with a huge range? (by huge I mean big enough so that your overlay is good)

Does anyone feel this way? IOW, I tend to respect resteals more early than later.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, with a read on my opponent as typcial ABC SNG'er, I've frequently been restealing here with top 80% (i.e. "almost any two") to great effect recently.

I fall in to the camp of either open-pushing this hand from the button to begin with - which I see often being called by a much better range (for us) compared to the hand range which will push back over you - or making a typical preflop raise and calling anything but the rockiest of players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, maybe I should delete my most recent post in this thread then!
Old 11-07-2005, 05:06 PM

Whether I open push or not depends entirely on SB. If I don't know anything about him, I will raise preflop and fold to the push.