Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-03-2005, 06:12 AM

Default Statistical Anomaly? Or do I now suck?

That's my different results at NL25 and NL50. Look at the w%@sd difference, I've tightened up at NL50, but look at the huge ptbb/100 difference. Is it really just that 7000 hands isn't enough?!? 23 hours of 4/5 tabling seems like a lot. *sigh*.

Anyone have any similar experiences? Is my w%@sd too high?
Old 11-03-2005, 08:21 AM

Default Re: Statistical Anomaly? Or do I now suck?

Let me give you my personal opinion:

I think there is a HUGE difference between the play at the 25NL and 50NL. Assuming you're playing at Party. The tables tighten up quite a bit at the 50 then LAG out again at the 100.

It could be you're running bad, but that's quite a lot of hands to run bad with. I would have someone watch you play (and experienced player) and see what he thinks.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:44 AM

stick at it. The 50 games are sweet when you get used to it. Be much more aware of game selection though. The 25Nl games are full of players with the 'fun' label. The 50's are full of players who decided winning was more fun than losing. Move whenever the table gets too tight. Be disciplined in finding better games. If you play 4 tables keep 10 open and switch to the best 4 regularily.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:12 AM

Full ring or 6-max $50? At PS, there are more nut peddlers full ring. I have had negative runs over 7k hands. If it looks that way after 70k then I think you start to worry. There is no discernible difference in the quality of play between $25 and $50. It is all psychological. I think you start to see better play at the $100's, the players at the $200's are only marginally better than those at the $100's.

Don't be results-oriented. I am down 8 buy-ins at NL$200 over the last two weeks and am happy. My downswing was mainly due to the following: Lost with AA all-in pre-flop twice, Lost with KK against JJ all-in pre-flop. Lost all-in with nut flush to get rivered by a boat and lost twice with the nut straight only to get rivered by a flush and a higher straight.

This wasn't meant to be a bad beat post (clearly I played other hands poorly to continue the downswing). I use it as an example that you can be making the correct reads and decisions in your play and still lose quite a bit of money.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:31 AM

maybe you are better at 6max than full ring.....try the nl 50 6max.