Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Need help with a San Francisco trip

[ QUOTE ]
When you check out some prices and figure out a few hotels that might work, post them here and I'll tell you how they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in addition to Pan Pacific, Hotel Monaco, Renaissance Parc 55 - which have all been recommended to me and fit within the price range...there's also the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, Hyatt Regency, and the Park Hyatt. Those are the options we've narrowed it down to as of now...unless we're missing a good one.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When you check out some prices and figure out a few hotels that might work, post them here and I'll tell you how they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in addition to Pan Pacific, Hotel Monaco, Renaissance Parc 55 - which have all been recommended to me and fit within the price range...there's also the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, Hyatt Regency, and the Park Hyatt. Those are the options we've narrowed it down to as of now...unless we're missing a good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've heard, stay away from the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:03 PM

gracias - too many good ones it sounds like to risk a not so good one.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These hotels are all fine. One of those Hyatts is by the Embarcadero, one is near Union Square. Either are a fine base of operations. Overall, the hotels you're listing are all fine. However, for the same price, you might be able to (depending on exact dates) get into a smaller more "charming" hotel that maybe might be more fun for you if you guys are into getting the "San Francisco" flavor. Mainly, that just means really small rooms, but chicks seem to dig it.

I agree that the Sheraton is a little dumpier than the rest. The Hyatt / Pan Pacific / Parc 55 are all pretty much the same, maybe Pan Pacific is a little nicer. Hotel Monaco is very different in that it is much more whimisical and artsy in style and less oriented to business travelers. Of the list, I'd pick whatever was cheapest. If they are all similar, I'd go w/ Hotel Monaco. Anyway, if you have specific dates and a price you're aiming for, I can put them into Expedia and let you know if any other boutique hotel stands out.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:16 PM

What about the W?
Old 10-17-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and while I can't think of a worse time of year to go then late December...that's when we have time and the flights were cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's actually a fine time to visit. Sometimes you'll catch a little rain, but it's often beautiful, clear, and crisp.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the W?

[/ QUOTE ]

From my experience...probably booked. I try to get in there every time I visit SF. But I've heard great things.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:46 AM

If you can afford cabs and such, I would stay anywhere in Marin county and come down to SF during the day.

In berkeley the Claremont Resort and Spa is amazing.