Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Donkey Line?

Villain is a LAG preflop and very aggressive on the turn. He shows down a ton of hands and bluffs aggressively.

Was this an awful line?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 09-26-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-26-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Donkey Line?

Very helpful. I see how the line you are suggesting is much better, and will work to implement your strategy going forward. Thank you for the constructive post.

No offense, but you are a jopke.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:07 PM

Don't try to out LAg a lag. in these situations its usually best to decide if you have a showdown worth hand and then get there cheaply. I don't like the flop three bet as the pain in the ass lags will donk the turn, so your free card chances are slim, and your hand still isn't that strong. the turn call is a must, i am not a fan of the river raise. folding to a 3 bet with your description? probably not able to.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no offence, but you are a moron fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

d
i
c
k
Old 09-26-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no offence, but you are a moron fish.

-E

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but your grammar sucks and as such you're worthless to society. Get a job and stop being a jackass.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:35 PM

Let me guess, villain shows 89.

Anyway, when you get check-raised on this flop, you are ahead of just 2 realistic holdings (and maybe some flush draws), and behind anything else. Feel free to give up right here, especially with sb having already called a bet.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:36 PM

It's a nice thought to re-LAG the LAG, but really this is the easiest way to blow your bankroll. If this guy is as overly aggressive as you suggest, you'll need to be patient and punish him with showdownable hands rather than try to bully him off every pot. I'm bet/calling the flop and contemplating folding the turn, but probably reluctantly calling with a gutshot and 2 overs. Just my $.02.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very helpful. I see how the line you are suggesting is much better, and will work to implement your strategy going forward. Thank you for the constructive post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe when your entire bankroll is more than 10BB for Eugene you can start throwing "jopke's". Until then, I'd advise you take his assessment to heart.

Just a thought.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe when your entire bankroll is more than 10BB for Eugene you can start throwing "jopke's". Until then, I'd advise you take his assessment to heart.

Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

While Eugene is a great player, his response here is pretty damn pointless.

I like the flop play more than I like the turn call, but both feel like pushing it.