Old 08-19-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Sheff

Sheff
Old 08-19-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Sheff

hilarious.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:44 PM

“I was at the airport once, riding in the elevator, and who walked in but Gary Sheffield of the New York Yankees,” said Sidney Fleming of Queens , NY. “My first thought was to shake his hand and try to get an autograph, but I stopped myself because I know about his reputation. So I just stood there with my hands in my pockets. Then I took them out because I didn’t want to seem racist, you know, like I was protecting my wallet because there was a black guy in there with me. Then I reminded myself that there was a black guy in there with me, so I put my hands back in my pockets.”

Good stuff...
Old 08-19-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of what he thinks is wildly off base and a result of his crippling paranoia. My advice to the people of America is to reach out to Mr. Sheffield and try to get him to open up. Don’t be afraid of him. The worst thing he can do is put you in the hospital or kill you.”

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-19-2005, 03:16 PM

i read more articles on this website, they're hilarious. anyone read the jeff blake article? had me crying at my cube, not trying to laugh out loud.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i read more articles on this website, they're hilarious. anyone read the jeff blake article? had me crying at my cube, not trying to laugh out loud.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Bears fan, I was all over that one. Hilarious. How about the on about the little leaguer that went into the stands for being called a "belly itcher".
Old 08-19-2005, 03:46 PM

very funnny.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:51 PM

Good satire, but in all honesty Sheffield is not the grumpy-I-think-everyone-is-racist guy that people make him out to be. I've met him 4 or 5 times over his career(before he came to the Yankees) and he is really a friendly guy> He can definitely get passionate and has a temper, but he always took time to sign autographs for me and let us take pictures with him. So don't be too hard on the guy.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good satire, but in all honesty Sheffield is not the grumpy-I-think-everyone-is-racist guy that people make him out to be. I've met him 4 or 5 times over his career(before he came to the Yankees) and he is really a friendly guy> He can definitely get passionate and has a temper, but he always took time to sign autographs for me and let us take pictures with him. So don't be too hard on the guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a joke, dude. Funny...get it?
Old 08-19-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a joke, dude. Funny...get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Learn to read. Get it?

"Good satire" is what I said, and it was. But satire is usually based on perceptions and Sheff is perceived as a grumpy bastard who is not fun to be around. I was correcting that perception.