Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Going off the deep end

So, my gf called me today and told me that she went to a rug store and informed the person working there that she was interested in something in a certain color. I guess this was a fancy store and she seemed out of her element or something, because he immediately said, "Maybe you should go to TJMaxx or Marshalls instead. Plus that way, you can at least walk out with a nice pair of shoes." Basically, he was condescending and sexist. I'm getting tired of people walking all over her and am about ready to snap. I'm tempted to head over there and do something, but I'm not sure what since I'm not a confrontational person. Anyway, I need some suggestions. Should I just punch a wall and grab a beer or should I go out of way to confront this piece of trash?

-- Homer

p.s. - Yes, I realize that this is insignificant and stuff like this happens to everyone, every single day, but I can't take it.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Going off the deep end

This has "talk to his manager and get something stuck in his pooper ASAP" written all over it.

Then key his car.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:12 PM

In this particular instance, if your girl was treated this way by a plain sales person I'd have her go back and ask for the manager. If you want you can come along for moral support, but let her talk to them. If it was indeed the owner himself who treated her this way too bad. Just tell as many people as you can about the experience, discouraging them from going there.

Swede
Old 07-25-2005, 06:14 PM

Isn't it great that a floor person in a carpet showroom can be condescending?
Old 07-25-2005, 06:16 PM

Yes, you should send as many friends as you have over there to ask for a rug in the same color. It helps if they can pretend to be rich. Then go in there and tell the guy he's a total douche.

The other thing you could do is go in and pretend to be interested in a really expensive rug for your whole 10-room house, get him really worked up about comission, etc. Have your girl call you on your cell and tell her where you are, come on down. Or else just have her walk in at an appointed time. Tell her you're looking at getting all this stuff. Then have her say, "No, honey, this is that needledick who told me to go to TJ Maxx instead."

"Oh, okay honey. Can I talk to the owner, needledick?"

NT
Old 07-25-2005, 06:16 PM

I'm all for calling people on stuff like this. Just go in there, be polite and talk to his manager. You'll probably end up with a cheaper run anyway.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:17 PM

Why are people always "walking all over her"?

Anyway just call the store and complain to the manager or owner.

She just left without saying anything?

[ QUOTE ]
So, my gf called me today and told me that she went to a rug store and informed the person working there that she was interested in something in a certain color. I guess this was a fancy store and she seemed out of her element or something, because he immediately said, "Maybe you should go to TJMaxx or Marshalls instead. Plus that way, you can at least walk out with a nice pair of shoes." Basically, he was condescending and sexist. I'm getting tired of people walking all over her and am about ready to snap. I'm tempted to head over there and do something, but I'm not sure what since I'm not a confrontational person. Anyway, I need some suggestions. Should I just punch a wall and grab a beer or should I go out of way to confront this piece of trash?

-- Homer

p.s. - Yes, I realize that this is insignificant and stuff like this happens to everyone, every single day, but I can't take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you confront and end up punching him, you might go to jail for assault. This piece of trash is not worth that. Just have her call the manager and just go have a beer.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The other thing you could do is go in and pretend to be interested in a really expensive rug for your whole 10-room house, get him really worked up about comission, etc. Have your girl call you on your cell and tell her where you are, come on down. Or else just have her walk in at an appointed time. Tell her you're looking at getting all this stuff. Then have her say, "No, honey, this is that needledick who told me to go to TJ Maxx instead."

"Oh, okay honey. Can I talk to the owner, needledick?"

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

This is beautiful.

Oh, but if it turns out to be the owner, kick his dog over a bridge, then turn to him and say "THAT'S how I roll..."