Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-14-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Can you Datamine Sit-n-gos?

Ovbiously won't be as useful as datamining for cash games but I think it would help to tell who the big donks are. Is it possible, do the tournaments loop on the same tables or does each one start on a new table number?
Old 07-14-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Can you Datamine Sit-n-gos?

bump, no one was even close to around when this guy's question was answered, and i haven't got a clue what the answer is, so i can't pm him.

citanul
Old 07-14-2005, 11:45 PM

Tourneys have to be closed/opened every time for new ones to start. Same table #'s get used over and over again. Don't think there's any "Party friendly" software to datamine SNGs right now but you could always do manual datamining where you just spend your off-time "observing" SNGs and processing the finished hand history files (.hhf's in your skin folder) into PT afterwards.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:57 PM

Didn't someone once post something about some software that would join you into a new game when you are ready for one?

To the OP: At the least you can open tourneys manually.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:03 AM

I dont think there's software for it. Latest datamine software I took notice in would automatically open tables for you but only for ring games.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ovbiously won't be as useful as datamining for cash games but I think it would help to tell who the big donks are. Is it possible, do the tournaments loop on the same tables or does each one start on a new table number?

[/ QUOTE ]

SNG tables do recycle but no more than a couple of times per day (at least at most levels)

One of the forum members said he wrote a script for a keyboard / mouse autonation tool that seemed to do the trick.

I open up 8 tables before going to work and then login to my pc one every hour or so and reload 8 new ones... When i get home i go into the party / empire folders and copy all of the hhf files to a new directory for processing BEFORE closing down the lobby (Closing the lobby and exiting the app causes all the hhf files in the poker app folder to get deleted.)

rvg
Old 07-15-2005, 02:11 AM

I was going to mention that I knew someone did that, but didn't want to give up your secret.

I wonder if PokerProphecy has someone trying to open every sng or if they have software to open them. Or, maybe they have aren't looking at each game and there is some other way to get the winners?
Old 07-15-2005, 02:13 AM

As far as I know Prophecy just looks at the lobby and doesn't open any tables.