Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Sox Bullpen Questions

[ QUOTE ]
Good points, but the only other option is Arroyo and if he continues to pitch as he has his last couple starts, I don't see how Francona takes him out of the rotation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I wouldn't count out Miller. Arroyo has the most upside as a starter and bringing Wake into relief causes a lot of headaches. Seems like Miller is still building back his arm strength anyway and using him twice a week for an inning or two wouldn't be that bad.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:21 PM

Kotsay rumors, only cuz u asked
Old 06-23-2005, 04:22 PM

Ted Lilly
Old 06-23-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much longer should Theo/Terry wait before cutting their losses with Embree?

[/ QUOTE ]

Change is coming soon.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do with Foulke?

[/ QUOTE ]
Foulke, while his results don't seem to indicate him coming around, is getting better. Any change with Foulke is unlikely.

[ QUOTE ]
Who should be bumped to the pen when Schill comes back, and in what role?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a 'should' question, but the Arroyo 'will' be bumped to the pen. Theo/Francona have all but guaranteed it.

[ QUOTE ]
What about this kid Hanson?

[/ QUOTE ]
September call-up.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:53 PM

Change is coming soon.

you are basing this on what? when epstein said changes are immenent? please....

September call-up.

again, where are you getting this info? he is represented by scott boras, previosly turned down a 2.8m sigining bonus and GUARANTEED callup by the marlins, he also has already pitched a decent amount this year. i have my doubts if he even is signed by september, let alone pitches in the majors.

i dont mean to sould like an ass, but i cant stand when people throw up words without the slightest bit of facts behind them.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont mean to sould like an ass, but i cant stand when people throw up words without the slightest bit of facts behind them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but I don't really have a history of that.

Don't be a [censored] idiot. If Epstein says that change is imminent and coming, what the [censored] do you think he's talking about? Our [censored] catching situation? What do we have to do, put it out on a [censored] plate for you? We can do this together, if I hold your hands.

Which part of the team needs the most work? Bull....pen....
Who is the worst performing member of the bullpen? Em...bree...

Now what do mother [censored] Theo say? "If this is the best that this pitching staff can pitch, then I really miscalculated and it's time for changes...We're out of games. It's time for changes. Soon."

Now what did I say, mother fucker? "Change is coming soon."

Some people. [censored] god.

As for Hansen, two things.
1) Hansen was THE MOST MAJORS READY PITCHER IN THE DRAFT. He's not Stephen [censored] Drew. Majors ready means something, and it means something even more when you draft him. You don't draft a hard to sign guy who's ready for the bigs and just let him get old. These people aren't [censored] idiots.

2) Do you read the paper? There's a reason that Damon hasn't gotten a contract extension yet, and that talks are damn slow, and here's a hint why: He. Wants. A. Lot. Of. Money. And who's his agent? You mother [censored] guessed it, you whore.

Now the Sox have a huge mother [censored] payroll, but it's been well managed recently. Now Damon isn't asking for exorbitant sums. So why do the Sox have this problem?

You can do it!

And while you're [censored] racking your brain, go read a Sox message board, you fucker.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:20 PM

Now what did I say, mother fucker? "Change is coming soon."

he made those comments over 10 days ago. read my post, what 'changes' are going to be made? who is going to come in and take embrees role? did you see the game last night when he was brought with the bases loaded in a tie game? wow, lot of change since Theo's press conference. its called a motivational tactic. that has worked to some degree.

1) Hansen was THE MOST MAJORS READY PITCHER IN THE DRAFT. He's not Stephen [censored] Drew. Majors ready means something, and it means something even more when you draft him. You don't draft a hard to sign guy who's ready for the bigs and just let him get old. These people aren't [censored] idiots.

you apparently are. the man will not pitch without a contract. he has turned down VERY good offers in the past, yet you post that he will be playing in 2.5 months, despite A) having an agent who squeezes every last penny out of owners. B) having pitched a full college season already. also waiting a full offseason and letting the kid pitch is spring training, with some winterball isnt exactly letting him get old.

2) Do you read the paper? There's a reason that Damon hasn't gotten a contract extension yet, and that talks are damn slow, and here's a hint why: He. Wants. A. Lot. Of. Money. And who's his agent? You mother [censored] guessed it, you whore.

yes, scott boras. sounds like you are making your my point about hansen FOR me.

Now the Sox have a huge mother [censored] payroll, but it's been well managed recently. Now Damon isn't asking for exorbitant sums. So why do the Sox have this problem?

are you drunk or something? what are you talking about. let me run this down again....

you- he will be called up in September
me- no he wont, he has a ballbreaker for an agent and has already pitched a lot this year.
you- [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]. johnny damon has the same agent and he wants a lot of money. [censored] [censored] [censored]. so yeah, he will be up in September because i read somewhere he was the most MAJORS READY player in the draft. johhny damnon wants a big contract. [censored] [censored] [censored].

next time you want to look witty, do some homework. you just got owned kid.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that has worked to some degree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Embree raised his ERA again. FROM 7.20. Do you actually watch the games?

[ QUOTE ]
he has turned down VERY good offers in the past

[/ QUOTE ]
This is some of the best logic yet. He's turned down good offers in the past, therefore...do you seriously think you're that smart?

[ QUOTE ]
also waiting a full offseason and letting the kid pitch is spring training, with some winterball isnt exactly letting him get old.

[/ QUOTE ]
You realize that the most 'majors ready' pitcher isn't necessarily the pitcher with the most potential, right? I hope you can continue with this train of thought too.

[ QUOTE ]
yes, scott boras. sounds like you are making your my point about hansen FOR me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really. It indicates that they're actually putting the Damon negotiations on hiatus until they sign Hansen. And since Damon's contract is over after this season, you can bet that they're going to get Hansen's deal done before the season ends, so that they can make good on actually extending Damon's contract.

[ QUOTE ]
you just got owned kid.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you talk this way in real life? Because that makes you like a huge ass. "Lemme tell you a joke: Blah blah blah, oh I'm so funny!"

Seriously, do some thinking on your own. Getting him signed now is the same as getting him signed after the season is over. There's no difference. And they're actually working on a deal, since Damon's is not going anywhere until they iron out Hansen's.

As for Embree...I mean, since Theo's talk, he's given up 5 runs in 4 1/3 innings. Which has raised his ERA. Not sure what point you were trying to make by 'motivational', but relief pitchers don't have 3 month long slumps and just 'get away with it'. There WILL be another lefty in place of Embree soon. Think, so you can be!

And next time, don't prematurely bump the Yankees thread either, tool. Because you look like an idiot, sublime.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:58 PM

Yeah. Embree raised his ERA again. FROM 7.20. Do you actually watch the games?

he was addressing the team. they have won 9/10 games since then. again, i said some degree. WHERE IS THE CHANGE? stop pulling [censored] out of your ass.

This is some of the best logic yet. He's turned down good offers in the past, therefore...do you seriously think you're that smart?

ummm yes.

You realize that the most 'majors ready' pitcher isn't necessarily the pitcher with the most potential, right? I hope you can continue with this train of thought too.

okay, so they drafted this college kid to help 'this' years team? lol, your an idiot.

Not really. It indicates that they're actually putting the Damon negotiations on hiatus until they sign Hansen. And since Damon's contract is over after this season, you can bet that they're going to get Hansen's deal done before the season ends, so that they can make good on actually extending Damon's contract.

Damon was talking about an extension LONG before the draft. even if the hammer out a deal for hansen TODAY, he will not go right to the majors. the simple fact is, you read somewhere that hansen was the most majors ready pitcher and decided you would look witty by saying he will be a call up in September. without taking into account the FACTS, which again are A) hes not signed B)he pitched a full season already. again, i called you on just pulling [censored] out of your ass. there have been no indications that changes are going to be made to the bullpen. while they *may* make changes, the simple fact is more than likely this is what the sox have to work with.

Seriously, do some thinking on your own. Getting him signed now is the same as getting him signed after the season is over. There's no difference. And they're actually working on a deal, since Damon's is not going anywhere until they iron out Hansen's.

lets add up the variables here. a young kid who can help a team sooner rather than later (by sooner i mean next season) who has turned down a previous deal that was price AND guaranteed a call up. he also has one of the toughest agents in the industry. all this adds up to a quick deal and him pitching in 2.5 months......riiiiiiiigggght.

also, damon will more than likely NOT be here next year. the sox will not pay him the money he wants. why do you keep dragging his name into this? you think he hasn't been signed to an extension because of hansen? lol, has a LITTLE more to do with the fact that he is having a career year would be demanding a contract that would be based on his current achievements rather than future performance.

ok, i'm done making you look silly. go to bed sonny.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:41 PM

couple of more points.

i agree with you, embree SHOULD go. i just dont think he will. there are too many teams who believe they are in contention, which both limits the pool of available players and drives up the price of those that are available. hence, i dont think changes are going to occur soon. possibly towards the deadline when a few times drop off etc.

i also dont think your an idiot. no hard feelings [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]