Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Looking for backer and coach (Long Post)

[ QUOTE ]
Lesson #2: GET A JOB

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, the right avatar!

He does have a job though - whihc brings up the point: If you are going to be playing 10+1 SNGs, then if you are truly a winning player this does not require a huge bankroll. Since you are employed already, I think you could easily bonus-whore and grind low-limits to a sufficient BR. If you have a job, do you really need a backer for something like $200? Don't be like that other guy who came through here asking for money because he couldn't stand to play low-limits.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:53 PM

I appreciate the responses and at the same time understand some of the comments. I am a human being and however wrong my post might be I don't understand or I guess comprehend some of the bashing posts. I knew they were coming and I am fine with that. But I am a sincere person and my motives are not to hurt or mislead anyone.

7ontheline,

In response to your questions, I would like to say that I would like to have a coach a pesron that has a vested interest. As I said before my motives are not financially based but rather would like to be a better in consequence with the responsibility of someone helping me and them benefiting from it financially while I gain the experience. I've been reading on here for quiet sometime, and the reason I came on here and wrote this up was that there are very smart people here, people that are genuinely interested. I don't claim to be that guy that was playing 75/150 and can't play because 10/20 wasn't a benefit to his time or pocket book..... Sure I have aspirations of playing bigger tournaments but thats long term goals. My short term goal is to find someone that cares and is interested in my game, wants to run this like a businness , and I be on a set schedule of playing, analyzing, and consulting with him/her. I want a partnership, I don't want to do it all on my own. If that makes me a fruit or a weirdo or troll or whatever you guys call it so be it. But I am being the most genuine person that I can be.

With that said and done. I love this forum, and if know one takes a keen interest or wants to see my hand histories and make a decision for themselve I completely understand and I will go back to analyzing and reading the forums.

Thanks again.

Seth

Also in regards to the bankroll situation, I am looking for a starting bankroll of 330 to 550 dollars which is a typical starting for 30 to 50 tournaments.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:10 PM

Seth I'm going to be honest and sincere in this post because I don't want to leave you hanging out there.

This thread is ridiculous. I understand that you knew you were going to get bashed by posting this but you don't care because the possibility of getting a coach plus backing is worth the humility when posting from an anonymous account where noone knows you.

This thread is unfair to other posters on this site. It is a waste of our time to read this and noone is going to learn anything through your thread. You are not going to receive backing from any sane person nor are you going to get a coach. However, you may be fortunate by making a request like this in building a friendship with another poster that may be willing to answer some questions for you.

Your post is selfish and you should realize that it is a bad investment for any person to back you no matter how good you think you are, because we have no way to gauge your skill level nor do we know you won't just run off with our money.

It takes very little money to play $10+1 sitngos. If you can't get the money for that game then it is very unlikely that you are a winning poker player, or you aren't disciplined enough to become a winning poker player.

Delete this account. This is not how you want to start off your twoplustwo career. Create a new one and stop lurking. Start posting instead. Try to build rapport with other posters and try to help others. You don't need a coach to tell you how to play. You need to read the forums. It's just as useful for a novice such as yourself. Either that or read books. Coaches aren't free unless you build a great friendship with someone and he just wants to help you. You have to pay money for coaching.

You started off your career with twoplustwo by wanting free services from people who have better things to do with their time and you haven't even had the integrity to build up a post count trying to help others with your own replies and thoughts before posting this.

Seriously, this thread is lame. You are fortunate that someone took time to give you some honest advice.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:11 PM

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say thanks for the post for those that replied. I took your advice and deposited some of my own money well $150 that I scrounged up. I guess in a way I was looking for help, a coach, and at the same time someone that could help me as a player.

I am playing some 10+1's now and have been recording my data again and will be posting more on here in the 1 table section. Actualyl my first two tournaments I came in first in but have had 3 cashes out of 8 single talbes.... so 2 firsts and 1 second so far... which is nothing but just thought I would post... Appreciate it again

Seth
Old 06-09-2005, 10:19 PM

With $150, the best move would be start bonus whoring. Play $.50/1.00 or $1/2 (BR short, I know) and build your bankroll. It won't take all that long to get to $350-500. And you will get some experience along the way.

Seriously though, you're not going to get any handouts. Suck it up. Either start whoring your way up, or play with what you are willing to fund yourself.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:31 PM

I am a fairly solid player a bit on the aggressive side, i will help analyze whatever hands u swing my way but as for financial back im sorry dude im broke, if i had a decent amount of money i mightve been able to help but sorry in that regard. email me anytime sinnister81@yahoo.com
Old 06-10-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a frequent lurker, love to read posts about poker, and go over hand histories to find holes in other peoples games.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe they would pay you to show them the holes in their game.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a fairly solid player a bit on the aggressive side, i will help analyze whatever hands u swing my way but as for financial back im sorry dude im broke, if i had a decent amount of money i mightve been able to help but sorry in that regard. email me anytime sinnister81@yahoo.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Just the kind of person you would want to take poker advice from.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:16 AM

Hahhahaah.

Doing alright tonight got 25 10+1's in.... having fun. Analyzing some stuff tonight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just the kind of person you would want to take poker advice from.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you've even seen his other posts tonight. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Seth, how have you been playing tonight? Are you multi-tabling I'm assuming (by playing 25)?