Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Idol roll call

1 WSEX share of anyone wins you $100 if they win Idol. He's trading at about $65 right now, and I suspect that most of us picked him up at about $20-25.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:29 AM

I just got out at 66 this morning. I feel bo is a 2:1 favorite, so for me it was worth the .67 a share to not have to sweat it out. I wasn't even thinking about selling at 61 or 62, but couldn't resist as the price kept climbing. I'm glad I don't have to watch this crap anymore. Good luck to everyone still involved...
Old 05-24-2005, 12:52 PM

Had 17 Bo's, sold a few at 61 and a bunch more today at 66. I've only got 2 left, just for the rooting interest - but I think this is a 50-50 race which is why I didn't keep em all. Besides, I made most of my money on good old Constantine weeks ago!

Thanks to all the IDOL experts on this board... your advice made my first year wagering on AI profitable and a lot of fun!
Old 05-24-2005, 05:15 PM

it is *extremely* likely, unless BO mops the floor with carrie tonight, that there will be a price correction this evening.

if the performances are close, expect BO to lose some value. so, if anyone wants to bail early on some of their portfolio, do it before the show starts tonight.

i wonder what song they wrote for the idols? i guess it could be country-ish and work for both.

i sure can't imagine BO singing a song similar to "a moment like this".
Old 05-24-2005, 05:16 PM

no word on the custom song? do we even know who wrote it?
Old 05-24-2005, 05:20 PM

Props to Granny for her great advice! Also props to me for betting the rockers from day one and sticking with bo at least.

PS, I don't have to use "him" rather than "her" for Granny do I. I think that is dumb!
Old 05-24-2005, 05:55 PM

PS, I don't have to use "him" rather than "her" for Granny do I. I think that is dumb!

you would be the one of very few. 99% of those that know both of me's call me granny.
(my spouse included. and i defy you to keep your dick hard while being called granny... OOOO granny, a lttle to the left!! yesss)
Old 05-24-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no word on the custom song? do we even know who wrote it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't heard anything regarding "Inside Your Heaven" (the AI single) other than it's written by 19E writers.

According to the various message boards "Long, Long Road" (Bo's other idol picked song) is by a group called Appleton. lyrics (illegal?) MP3 It's a somewhat strange choice for Bo, so I'm wondering if this is a mistake (i.e. maybe Bo is singing another song with the same title)...if this is the correct song I hope they make it a little heavier (this version is rather "pop-ish" ugh).

Carrie's other idol picked song is "Angel Brought Me Here" and was the Australian Idol's winning song (again, assuming it's the same song).

I'm disappointed Bo is doing "Vehicle", I would have preferred something like "I Don't Want To Be", "Money", or "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me", as I think all of those songs were better than Vehicle and would appeal to a wider audience. Carrie is singing "Independence Day" as her choice which is her song from the idol 4 showstoppers CD (and IMO probably her best song of the season).

It's going to be close and really I think it comes down to the main idol song and who "wins" that round. Enjoy the show and don't forget to "Bote"!

J
Old 05-24-2005, 06:25 PM

unloaded all my Bo's (only 5 of 6 from this rookie) except 1.

Bought 6 @ $16. Already have a profit of about $150 even if Carrie wins. $250 if Bo wins.

Thanks Granny
Old 05-24-2005, 06:28 PM

granny, if you predict that bo is going to drop tonight as long as carrie doesnt get blown out of the water, dont you think it would be smart to sell bo/buy carrie preshow and then sell carrie/buy bo postshow?