Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 02:33 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Value Bet this river?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rereading this hand i just feel like i misplayed it left and right... thoughts on pre-river play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's fine. I don't like limping there and you like getting involved with the CO
Old 04-25-2005, 02:34 AM

Given your read on <font color="red">CO</font>, I think you did a reasonable job with this one.

Preflop: why the raise? Seems a bit frisky to me. If you're going for an early steal, I think it's still too early for a 9-handed 3/6 PP table. If you're going for a value raise against <font color="red">CO</font> and <font color="red">BB</font> who you expect to call, you're going to run into trouble if someone else at the table calls (or raises) with an honest-to-goodness hand. Now, if YOU were the CO and your current CO had limped from MP, I can see an isolation raise making good sense here.

I like the flop reraise. CO is probably betting a high club, a weaker J, or some total nonsense. Your three-bet reasserts yourself, faces MP3 with calling two, and has great value from your top pair, strong kicker.

Turn is blank; you bet it, CO shuts his raise-hole. You're ahead here.

River is relatively blank. I bet it for value and call a raise. Weak opponents are going to pay you off with a weak J, a T, a 5, a low pocket, or even a stray ace. Also, the higher his WSD rate is, the more likely I would be to bet this one for value. You're basically weighing the likelihood that you're beaten (slim) and he raises (also slim) against the chance that you've got him beaten (high) and he calls anyways (low to high depending on his hand and his style). Generically speaking, I think a bet is +EV here.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:34 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
raising kjo in MP1 is definately marginal, and the decision is table dependent. i like the raise with a tight table that has 1 or 2 loose callers. if the raise isnt gonna fold anyone, limping is better (a case could be made for a fold too)

bet the river

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider limping to be the worst of the 3 options, especially with a LAG in the CO
Old 04-25-2005, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I consider limping to be the worst of the 3 options, especially with a LAG in the CO

[/ QUOTE ]

Limping would be bad with a LAG in the cut off. I don't think I seen that. The LAG wont 3-bet you too much to make folding your best option, would he?
Old 04-25-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Limping would be bad with a LAG in the cut off. I don't think I seen that. The LAG wont 3-bet you too much to make folding your best option, would he?

[/ QUOTE ]

limping with a hand that's going to miss a lot of flops, then getting raised by a LAG who will fire on the flop and turn regardless, is not fun