Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 04-01-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Ship it! (no content)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: AWESOM-O is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">AWESOM-O raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">AWESOM-O caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (22 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">AWESOM-O bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">AWESOM-O 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (18.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">AWESOM-O bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (23.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">AWESOM-O bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, SB calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 26.50 BB

Edit: I only posted this as it is my largest pot and shows how you should not slowplay sets because morons will call you down anyway (SB had AK and MP3, a total fish, had A2)
Old 04-01-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Ship it! (no content)

I would either fold preflop or open-fold the river, JJ never wins.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:29 AM

Hmm. Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:33 AM

I'll readily confess to being a moron, but I'd say that SB played correctly.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, SB didn't play it all that badly...depends what read he had on hero [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 04:46 AM

I am actually starting to believe JJ is cursed for me. It is the only pair I am losing money with in PT (pretty small sample). I have only flopped trips with it once out of my last 40 tries, and I lost anyway. I routinely raise TT, but somehow I must force myself to pull the trigger with that troublesome JJ. JJ is definitely running cold lately for me.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By morons, I wasn't necessarily calling SB one. But MP3 certainly was.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:34 AM

Default SB alternative line

Given hero's PF cap, I was thinking SB might try use a check/call line on the flop and turn, and bet/call the river. is this too weak tight? If so, please explain because I see both approaches being viable.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:10 AM

Default Re: SB alternative line

Nah, coming out banging on this flop is fine. A cap is indicitative of AA-JJ and AK; and he's ahead of all of those except AA (which is extremely unlikely) and JJ (which the poster just happened to have; that's life). Once the three-bet comes around he suspects the represented set enough to go into call-down mode, as he thinks he is either way ahead (to someone with a lower wired pair; they're drawing to two outs) or way behind (and now he himself is drawing extremely thin).

The other player sticking around is a complete donk, though (and one for the buddy list).

-K
Old 04-01-2005, 06:20 AM

Default Re: SB alternative line

[ QUOTE ]
Given hero's PF cap, I was thinking SB might try use a check/call line on the flop and turn, and bet/call the river. is this too weak tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. SB flopped TPTK on a ragged flop. You're ahead here a vast majority of the time and 5-ways you've got a ton of equity. It's already a really big pot. You can't go into checkdown mode yet.