Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 01:27 PM

Default TT with over on flop

Thoughts on the play here? Specifically the turn and river - not sure the bet on the turn is correct, or if the fold is weak-tight.

My thinking was with 2 players acting after me who have been along for the ride, one is tagging on with the Q. Furthermore, robbie has seen 85% of the flops and gone to showdown 75%. He's shown down 83o with 3 overs on the board, etc.

However, aggressive play is very unusual from him so I took that as a big warning sign.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

River: (12.16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds, BB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 13.16 BB
Old 01-20-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: TT with over on flop

If aggression from this player is a warning sign, what did you think his flop bet meant? If this player isn't betting with less than top pair, I would give serious consideration to folding the flop.

The flop and turn are standard against normal players. The river really depends on your read on this opponent and whether he would bet a hand you beat here, and the two players left to act behind you are a consideration also. Against an opponent whose aggression may be a "warning sign" and two opponents tagging along, I think a fold is in order, despite getting great odds. Against a more aggressive opponent, with one less player in the pot, this is a must-call.