Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2004, 05:07 PM

Default Road Trip: Day Two--Atlantic City

My second day, and I'm in Atlantic City. It started out as a long drive from Illinois yesterday. Stayed in Lancaster, PA last night. Drove to Philadelphia and visited the Redding Terminal Market. This place has any kind of food you want and is worth the trip. My favorite is Old City Coffee, Starbucks does not even come close. Purchased some french rollls at the Metropolitan Bakery, dried beef from the Amish, to make some delicious sandwhiches. For desert, I purchased a slice of old fashion homemade white cake with white frosting. It tastes just like grandmas. Anyway, I thought I would mention this place since it is something Ray Zee would probably mi (for those of you who don't know Ray does not have taste buds, but he stlll gives excelllent poker advice).
Tonight, I'm going to go to the Trop and Taj and check out the poker games. Stay tuned for the next report.

Good Luck
Mark
Old 10-31-2004, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Road Trip: Day Two--Atlantic City

they aren't amish they just look like it.... Probably Mendonite.. (aka Amish Lite)

I'd suggest the coal oven pizza joint between 2nd and front on South Street if you stop on the way back
Old 11-02-2004, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Road Trip: Day Two--Atlantic City

dreg,

Thanks for the suggestion. I used to live in Philadelphia 14 years ago, and I bet that I probably was their once, but don't remember.

Good Luck

Mark