Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 08-05-2004, 12:48 AM

Default What\'s the Play?

20 buy in cash game no limit holdem with the boys. I have about $50, doing well. Not too much bluffing. I get KK in last position before the button. I raise 2 which is the normal raise. button folds sb raises 2. BB folds, mp calls, fold, I raise 2. SB and MP both call. Flop J 10 2 rainbow. SB goes all-in and he has the MP and myself covered. The MP calls and then I call figuring this. I knew one of them must have had AJ or KJ. The SB will sometimes buy the pot. I figured maybe SB had pocket 10's and was trying to push hard if neither of us had nuts. Anyway you tell me what you think I should have done and then I'll tell you what happened.
J
Old 08-05-2004, 01:01 AM

Default Re: What\'s the Play?

The play is the reraise preflop should be much bigger that another 2. What is this, limit?

Anyway, unless I'm against relatively tight players I call every time.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:55 PM

i agree you should have raised bigger on preflop maybe like $10 at least. you have 2nd best hand, don't let people catch cards. his raise to $2 is interesting as well. If you raise to $10 or more preflop you coudld have made people fold and you're representing AA,KK or AK. you would have eliminated some players. by only raising $2 it's correct for the people to call based on odds.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:22 PM

Were you playing limit or no limit? Your preflop actions speak louder than words. You make it way too easy for him to define your hand with a simple 2 dollar rereraise. He KNOWS you have AA or KK from this. Make it around $9-10 next time.

Flop: In a heads up situation, I think it would be a fairly easy call. A bigger PF reraise will limit the field for you. That being said, it looks like you're already beat. JJ and TT are both hands that he could reraise/call with. The problem is that they're giving you decent pot odds to call now. How big is MP's stack? If there's a decent sidepot against the stealing SB, then I call. If it's more straight forward with a small side pot, I lay it down. You don't have too much invested in this so far. Hand wise... I put MP on JJ or TT, and SB stealer on either a draw with KQ, or some iffy top pair like AJ or KJ.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:20 PM

MP had KQ looking for straight and SB had J 10 two pair and won the hand. Thank you for all of the input.