Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2005, 02:39 PM

Default About right with 999?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (15 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 12-24-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: About right with 999?

I don't know. What are we giving villain credit for here? With no reads, we might think he could cc preflop w TT, 68s, or J8s but he doesn't play the flop like one of those hands. If we're ahead on the flop, the turn and river can only help if he is holding the most poorly played AA in the history of earth. This looks more like an overplayed flush draw to me. I think I'd find a raise on the turn or river at least.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:09 PM

i am 3-betting the turn. CO ccpf w/ TT, J8 or 86, or does he have A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 77, AT, or A8? imo that 2nd set is much more likely.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:15 PM

Got to 3 bet the turn here. CO would play AT, or AxC this way, or 77 basically your beating most of his holdings. 3-betting the turn also maximises the cost of MP to draw.
The way you played the turn donk the river. And 3-bet?
Old 12-24-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CO would play AT, or AxC this way

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that would be one hell of an overplay given my flop 3bet and MP's pfr.

I dunno... when he raised the turn I just gave him credit. Was thinking J8s at the time.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CO would play AT, or AxC this way

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that would be one hell of an overplay given my flop 3bet and MP's pfr.

I dunno... when he raised the turn I just gave him credit. Was thinking J8s at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
MP has done nothing postflop to indicate strength. AX[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] would be overplayed, sure, but i see players do it often. AT would not be overplayed at all.