Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Another Thank You Thread

If this is against the rules than feel free to let me know, but I had to thank all the regulars at the forum. You are all more than partially responsible for my win tonight at the 50+5 NL Hold'em MTT on Party. Yeah 5.7K isn't life-altering money, but it was more about the thrill of cutting through a final table.

Thanks guys. The advice given here by guys like andathar, ExitOnly, Betgo, et al is priceless.

Here's to more posts in the future...

PS - Mr. Harrington, if you're out there, I owe you a thank-you as well.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Another Thank You Thread

I agree. I haven't made any big cash yet, but in the short amount of time I have been active on the 2+2 site, I have cashed more than 50% of the MTT's I've played, and been very close to cashing (within 3-4 spots) another 20% of the time. I still suck, but I can see I am beginning to get some type of direction, thanks to all of you. Now, please go all-in against me on a bluff when I have quads....That would be even MORE helpful.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have cashed more than 50% of the MTT's I've played

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty damn good start, but don't get used to this. I was ice-cold for a painful amount of time before this latest win. ZeeJustin's recent success inspired me to refocus on my MTTs. Low and behold, the cards fell my way.

Good luck to you at the tables!
Old 12-19-2005, 09:19 PM

Thanks! I promise, I don't ecpect to keep cashing this much. Actually, I'm not making any mone, since the games I'm playing are so small. Cashing in 9th place with a $4 buy in paid a whopping $12. The rest of my cashes are similar. I' just trying to learn, and the tourney gig seems to get me a decent amount of hands at a fair price. Plus, it's fun stuff! Thanks for your post.