Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 04:38 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default What do you need to make...

those animated Avatars? Like the christina one or the shakira booty shakin' one. Or even the 2 chicks smoochin' that Clark used to have.

Loved the x-mas Christina, btw...

b
Old 12-13-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: What do you need to make...

They are animated gifs. Often created from mov or avi files. You need a program that makes animated gifs from mov and avi files. Use google. I'm too lazy.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:40 PM

just don't change yours bernie, please, I enjoy yours... who is that classy lass?
Old 12-13-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are animated gifs. Often created from mov or avi files. You need a program that makes animated gifs from mov and avi files. Use google. I'm too lazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, I have a starting point. Thanks

b
Old 12-13-2005, 04:46 PM

Diane Lane.

b
Old 12-13-2005, 04:49 PM

let us know what you find, for I am curious too, and also lazy. perhaps too lazy to check this again. but seriously, I'm interested.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:07 PM

Here is the general method of doing this.

Find the source video and get a copy of it downloaded to your pc's hard drive so you can then edit it.

Convert the file type whatever it maybe to a type that your image editing software can open.

Edit the file till you like the result and save it as a .gif file type.

The way do these things changes depending on where you are trying to get the file from and what software you have to use.

I will provide details of the method I like to use and some of the software I prefer.

First realize any video or animation that you can see on the internet can be copied and edited. Several places try to make it very hard so to discourage the average guy from do it though.

Learn where your temp internet files are stored as almost anything you view can be copied to your hard drive from there. In IE it is under Tools>Internet options>General Tab(settings)>View files.

But often you are going to run into streaming video and you need to learn how to get a copy of that.

There are lots of trial software you can use to make copies of streaming video.

Ok so you got a copy of what you wanted. Very good chance it is much to long or large of a file to even consider editing yet plus it will often be in the wrong file type to be opened by most image editing software you will be using later.

So open it in Windows Movie Makers(WMM) and clip it down to size and save it as an .avi file. If you are unable to open it in WMM you have to convert the file type to something WMM will recognize. I use FX video converter to do this you can get a 30 day trial free.

So you have the file cut down in length and saved as an .avi file type. This will allow you to open it in Imageready7 and do the final tweaks and edits plus you can then save it as a .gif file which will allow you to display it online as an avatar almost anywhere you please.

Imageready7 comes with Photoshop7 and you can get a free 30 day trial of them also.

I'm sure most of this did not make much sense to most people. But the general idea is find it copy it convert it and edit it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would love to hear of new and easier methods as I learned this only through trial and error and google of course.

If this is to much work for you to consider you can always find some freak to do it for you.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:27 PM

You know, your post was a lot more information laden than mine. But we basically said the same thing. So there.