Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Split the NL forums again?

"I won't post my 400nl hands in small stakes because the advice you get is not relevant."

This is completely wrong and your loss. There are many many posters in SSNL who absolutely crush NL400.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is completely wrong and your loss. There are many many posters in SSNL who absolutely crush NL400.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure you are right that there are some great posters with a lot to offer. I maintain that the majority of replies one would get offer bad advice though, I'm astounded at some of the advice I read in there sometimes. I make a living playing 400/600nl FWIW.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:43 PM

If you are a winning player in the NL400 but have a hand you're unsure of I'm sure you can post the hand and then separate the wheat from the chaff in the replies. I guarantee you that if the hand is interesting, though, you will get good replies in the mix.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:52 PM

Yeah I can't argue with that.

My feeling is still that isn't a well defined place for the more mid-level hands, but perhaps before complaining I ought to make the effort and post a few more 400nl hands in the small stakes forum and see what comes of it. Cheers.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:53 PM

Oh I definitely agree that a split would be good. But yeah, just trying to convince you to benefit yourself and the forum by posting your tough hands. Good luck.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I won't post my 400nl hands in small stakes because the advice you get is not relevant."

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, there also end up being quite a few responses that are completely worthless. I've posted several threads recently where the replies disgusted me so much that I didn't even bother replying again after my initial post. On the other hand, some of my hands generated very good discussion.

For example, in one thread half the people responding seemed to be under the illusion that my opponent called a big raise preflop with two random cards and based their entire analysis off of the fact that my ace high was likely to be the best hand on the flop. Some people even believed he would call off the rest of his chips (about 1.3 times the current pot size) with no pair. Poker seems a lot easier in that dream world.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
small -- .50/$1 and below
mid -- 1/2 to 4/8
high -- 5/10 and up

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed

[ QUOTE ]

This is completely wrong and your loss. There are many many posters in SSNL who absolutely crush NL400

[/ QUOTE ]

Also agreed....

Wealth of posters in SSNL...Unfortunately they won't get the same level of traffic...As I mentioned in SSNL, The limit forums are seeing a downturn in traffic as a result of the split...Although IMO, 6 forums is too many...

Closed Thread