Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 03:06 AM

Default I like this one.

I really like how I played this one. Do you, too? Or am I deluding myself?

Opponent just sat down. His icon is a red fist, pulsating with power and wrapped in barb wire. I kind of remember playing with him before but the stats haven't popped up yet. I remember him as a standard idiot with laggy tendencies.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (10.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
Old 11-28-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: I like this one.

I don't mind the river check I guess, but you'll see lower flush here often (or K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] x).
Old 11-28-2005, 03:59 AM

I don't know if I could check this river with villian being "standard idiot with laggy tendencies". His hand range would be quite large.

You could even bet/call. You only have to be in front about 66% of the time for it to be profitable. I think you will easily be in front more often then this. If you check, you lose money.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:09 AM

Bet/call river. And I'd strongly consider a 3 bet if I had a good read. I don't like the check. This is standard LAG response to a blind steal with a scary board.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:20 AM

Villain's play is just too stupid to not bet this river. The only thing that beats you that might be played like this is K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], if he was afraid you boated up and he was too stupid to cap the turn. But LAGs aren't the fraidy types and are good at capping.

Edit: If he got FPS and is trying to check-raise the boat or K-high flush, pay him off. You didn't lose any more bets than you would have if he'd capped the turn and you'd called down.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:20 AM

I would be bet-calling this. Do you think JJ or AK check-call a flop like this?

There are WAY too many possible holdings for a "standard idiot with laggy tendencies" to have on the river. There is certainly value in a bet IMO.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:40 AM

yes. he 3bet, and then he checked the flop. WTF! wtf kind of lag checks the flop after 3betting heads up? this screamed either:

1. he's actually check folding the flop after 3betting (very doubtful)

2. he's not folding to my flop bet, he flopped a monster and is pulling a slowplay. this REALLY reduces his range, as he would almost bet anything! HE CHECKED THE FLOP. WTF? after he called the flop, i pretty much expected a c/r, and when he did i put his range on: flopped set, flopped flush. the flop check is just too weird coming from a guy with laggy tendancies. do you guys not agree?

also, i think someone retarded enough to c-c flop and c-r turn as a slowplay after 3betting preflop is retarded enough to go for a river c/r.