Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Blind vs blind hand

Another hand from the 540 MTT metioned here

Blinds are still 50-100. Stacks are about 3500 for hero and about the same for the villian in the BB.

Folded to Hero in SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero raises to 400
BB calls.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets 600
BB calls

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero fires another 800
BB calls.

River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero relunctantly checks.
BB checks and shows 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Is this guy a brilliant player who can read me like a book, or is he pinocchio at paradise island?
Old 11-23-2005, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Blind vs blind hand

i think you are allowed to check the turn here, since he either has kq or a hand that beats you. turns out he just likes to put you on tilt. this isn't a hand you 'can't get away from.' sometimes position is a good asset.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Blind vs blind hand

You could have checked the turn, but I find there are some players who always seem to call what they think is a countinuation bet on the flop with the hope of taking it off you so betting out again isn't too bad I suppose.
If he wants to play that way with just a pair of twos then he will loose lots of money unless he has a good reason to do it in that hand.