Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-19-2005, 04:56 AM

Default Re: raise...?

Who can have me beaten here? I mean maybe the button has 66 or something but when two people put money in on the turn he folds it anyway so it's irrelevent.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:11 AM

Your notes on this guy read "very loose" He's probably not betting a 3, 8, or maybe even a ten into two preflop callers. Secondly, people on the button check flush draws/ and sets on this type of board all the time. I just don't think you can narrow the hand ranges when the flop was checked around enough to put them all on missed overs with no clubs, which is the only type of hand that you beat.

I think BB checks most 8+club hands are checking this flop as played and not folding to a turn raise. If you want to resteal go ahead but I dont' think your hand has very much value except against the naked ace of clubs (god forbid the guy has a pair).

I know this looks like a great steal opportunity for the BB but most of his hands have too many outs and your hand has too few outs if he has a real hand. Wait for a better spot. If you disagree please elaborate with more than a rhetorical question. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2005, 05:13 PM

Your comments are completely contradictory. You think he's so aggressive that he will raise two limpers out of position with some hand that includes and eight or a three in it, but when he actually gets a decent flop for it he is suddenly too timid to bet? He's either manical or he's timid, but he's not changing between streets.

Also, I am beating overcards with a club.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:43 PM

I guess this hand wasn't too interesting.

I wasn't sure if calling or raising was better here. Raising protects my hand but I lose more if I've misread the situation. I decided to just call since that would probably be scary as hell and I would not get bluffed on the river no matter what fell. In this case it turned out that failing to raise did not cost me any EV at all because the BB was drawing dead (!!!) and gave me a fresh showdown.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:24 PM

Drawing dead? he had like 24o or something?
Old 11-19-2005, 10:31 PM

54o
Old 11-19-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
54o

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting