Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: $109... I wanna be a balla

[ QUOTE ]
I like a check call flop and lead the turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely should have done this. I don't think my line is horrible, but I think this one is better. I like my proposed turn line, I don't like the action I got as a result. I think I should've folded. If it was a two tone flop I don't think I would've. I pushed, first guy folded and the second guy called with JT. I think I got lucky though. Board is too dry for this action to not have me beat enough to make this a fold. I still have plenty of chips behind too. Bah.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you just lead out the flop, if they call you're lost and can see a million bad turn cards

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the key part of this hand.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:51 AM

You also forget people are donks at the 109's. I'm not scared of the cold caller behind the original bet but him leading after you bet is a bit bizzare. I don't think your beat by him enough to fold but the problem is just calling is horrific. I guess since the cold call behind doesn't seem super strong you can count his chips as dead and go ahead and repush...as it turns out he isn't strong but he gives you free chips. I still think that you made this hand way harder to play then it should have been because when I looked at this the first time I was lost by the guy leading the turn. Like I said I still think your ahead of him enough that a push is ok.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You also forget people are donks at the 109's. I'm not scared of the cold caller behind the original bet but him leading after you bet is a bit bizzare. I don't think your beat by him enough to fold but the problem is just calling is horrific. I guess since the cold call behind doesn't seem super strong you can count his chips as dead and go ahead and repush...as it turns out he isn't strong but he gives you free chips. I still think that you made this hand way harder to play then it should have been because when I looked at this the first time I was lost by the guy leading the turn. Like I said I still think your ahead of him enough that a push is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh I dunno. Again we're in agreement on checking the flop, but given we are where we are on the turn, I don't think you can automatically say the cold call is weak. Bad play goes both ways, and that includes slowplaying incorrectly. I think whether to push or not is really close, close enough that if it was two tone I would definitely push because it's that much easier to put the second player on a draw. I think it doesn't make a huge difference whether I push or not. There aren't alot of hands I beat that I can put them on (I'm running our of T's and draws), but there aren't alot of hands I can put them on that beat me. Meh, I'm not upset with my push, but I don't think I would've been upset with a fold. I think it's pretty close to EV neutral. Again though, should've checked the flop. Brain cramp.