Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-12-2005, 08:00 PM

Default A play I don\'t usually make.

Stars 100+r, about 30 minutes into the 2nd round. I had a feeling the SB was raising weak. He has 7.5k, I have 4.5. Blinds 100/200

Folded to SB who raises to 800
I have AQo and don't want to raise because I have position on him postflop, any reasonable raise would be almost half my stack, and I think I'm too deep stacked to push (am I wrong?) So, I call.

Flop: Tc Ks 2h

SB bets 1400. I think most people make this Cbet with any 2 cards they'd raise with. I have at least a gutshot, maybe 2 overcards, and what I think is a strong chance he'll fold, so I push.

What do you think?
Old 11-12-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: A play I don\'t usually make.

I'd push here preflop, your killing most hands that make this raise. If you were to reraise, you would pot commit yourself, thus making all-in a good bet. Any continuation bet by him ties you into the pot, which makes calling bad. I get it all-in with which is probably the best hand. He may think twice in stealing your big blind next time.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:50 PM

i would prefer to move in preflop.
the problem with your play is that he may feel he has commited himself with his flop bet and the pot would be laying him around 2/1 so he may call you with a weak holding thats actually beating you
Old 11-12-2005, 08:55 PM

i dont thin kyou're too deepstacked to push, but a call seems ok to me if you think youl'l get more value out of him that way.

And yea, i like the push on the flop

--

I personally would have pushed PF. Because i'd be doing it with worse hands too, so if anyones paying attention, maybe they'll give me more 'cred' later.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:10 PM

I make a potcommitting raise PF and go allin no matter what the flop is.

If I don't raise PF I'm allin on this flop.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:18 PM

I like the way you played it. I don't see any other play post-flop. Obviously, pushing is a fine option preflop, but I think your line is fine, especially if you plan on raise-pushing a lot worse flops than this.