Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Comments on my river decision

I am new to NL from limit. Villain in this hand has TAGish stats but IMO doesnt really play that well. I have been playing aggressive and havent had to show down many hands lately. He probably views me as somewhat laggy but decent.

I have about 125 and villian has 150.

100 6 max

villain limps UTG, I raise to 4.50 from Hijack with AKo, retarded cutoff calls as does the sb and limper

flop comes K 4 3 two diamonds.

Checked to me, I bet 12 into a 19 dollar pot. Only villian calls.

Turn comes 6 clubs putting two clubs on the board.

Villain checks i bet 20 into 43 pot. Villian calls.

River comes a 5 missing both flushes villian pushes for 110. I have 90 left what is my plan?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Comments on my river decision

That's pretty dirty what he did to you on the river. I don't know about you but I would bet the pot on the flop just to know exactly what he has.

If he calls the pot bet right away you'll have a feel for what hand he's holding.

You said he's TAGish so he probably knows what he's doing. TAGish player deciding to bluff the river pushing all in? In NL 100 I hardly see bluffs like that. Not from tightys atleast..

I think your kings are beat. Just my two cents. It could be a weak fold.. Not sure..
Old 11-06-2005, 09:52 PM

After I looked over the hand not betting the pot on the flop was definitely a mistake. What do you think the villians range is here on the river?
Old 11-06-2005, 10:00 PM

I have a hard time calling this large of a bet with a 4-straight on the board and no good reason to think he's bluffing. It is a good spot for a bluff, but I need some good evidence that he could be on a bluff more than 1/3 of the time here before I'll call him. 22-77 all has you crushed now, along with some other connector type hands.