Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: $55\'s... I wrote the book on FPS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he has hands like this, and plays them like this way more than you guys think.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly my point when I said he might be playing Q,9 soooted.

[ QUOTE ]
The river call is bad, but so are the players in this game, that's why I like this line.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly why I hate this line. Yes, this idiot payed you off anyway, but what if he was playing the draw? or what if his 9 hit on the river. Calling that turn is fine with the nuts when you are sure the other guy has a big hand and will pay you off no matter what!!

Your line means one of two things: 1) some donks will fold and you will loose the extra t500 or so; or 2) you have just bet into the nuts as he caught his flush.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways this shouldn't kill the discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

discussion implies that you respond to what others have said. yes you gave me the answer to what his hand was, but I still do not understand why calling the turn is a good choice. My rational for betting the turn might be wrong, but then tell -- discuss -- why it is wrong. What does calling gain you in chips that betting does not?

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, almost none of these donks have the patience to check the nuts on the river. I am ahead on the river like 95% of the time IMO. Maybe more.

I have also talked quite a bit about my turn call already. I think he's drawing just as slim as he was on the flop and I want him to put more money into the pot. Same logic throughout this whole hand.

And just to add to what you said about Q9s; that is very different than what I was saying. I actually think he has Q9s here like never. You have to keep in mind that he raised UTG+1... alot of these players are quite bad, few are ridiculous enough to raise Q9s UTG+1 and call a reraise... Mid-pairs do this alot IMO.

I also don't really agree that much with pooh about what he said regarding the flop. I actually really think you're talking on a great point, but I don't think it's applicable here. Lately I've been 3-betting the flop where I used to flat call and try and pump the turn because of the logic you were using, so I like what you're saying, but I don't think it applies to A-high type hands, or really mid-pair type hands. I think it's better with combo hands and draws.