Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 08:42 PM

Default I got lost on this one?

I have no read on the three bettor only played seven or so hands with him. The BB is pretty good player. A little too loose pre and postflop IMO though.
Party Poker 15.00/30.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.00 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9.00 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

What is the hero's plan for the rest of the hand?
Old 11-03-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: I got lost on this one?

I call hoping to catch the straight. Fold river UI.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:54 PM

Often times, this turn bet is hand like JJ that is testing to see if he can safely muck. Anyway, IMO this is an easy call to hit your gutshot. I would probably call the river UI too, but I go to SD too much.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:46 PM

Why did you raise the flop? I like folding more than raising, as you can't possibly fold a better hand and weaker hands are drawing very thin.

Given the odds, peeling one off looking for a set or a J is probably best. Fold the turn unimproved.

my 2 cents.
eric

edit: on your turn question... getting 11:1 with jacks and queens both nice river cards, you have to call. SB looks very strong, so don't raise.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:17 PM

I dont like the flop raise....i might be really horribly wrong here, but, if i called the flop, i would raise the turn and check the river UI.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the hero's plan for the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call the turn with as many as 6 outs or so. Against an unknown I probably call a river bet, closing the action and hate doing it.