Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 10-02-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Party 50+5 bubble with Tens

[ QUOTE ]
I know you're a good player, and I think I deserve a little more than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I didn't pay attention to the details, as I am doing well in the 500k on pp right now. It's just that it's one of those situations where worse hands fold, and better ones call I think. And I dont think that you can only go broke on 3 unders, J high or Q high arent THAT bad. I suppose that a push is best though after reading the hand agian, although I'd puke on my monitor before doing it, and pray that a ten rivers.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:35 PM

Do you want to push 10s here? I don't see any other option really. Calling would be bad, since you're probably gonna be in a multiway pot.

MP1 would really fold to a push there? If he's a tight ABC player, you're at best a coinflip. If the table is tight enough for you to steal your way into a healthier stack, I fold here.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know you're a good player, and I think I deserve a little more than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I didn't pay attention to the details, as I am doing well in the 500k on pp right now. It's just that it's one of those situations where worse hands fold, and better ones call I think. And I dont think that you can only go broke on 3 unders, J high or Q high arent THAT bad. I suppose that a push is best though after reading the hand agian, although I'd puke on my monitor before doing it, and pray that a ten rivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I bascially reasoned that a fold from both of them wins me 5.5 bbs, about 1/3 of my stack, which is pretty good. But I knew more realistic was that the OR would call and I'd be left with at worse 4 bbs. Go hard or go home...

Here come results...

I pushed. The raiser had KK, and UTG had 99. Both called and I rivered a flush. Yay for suckouts. I made it to 16th in the tourney, and got robbed of the final table. Oh well, thanks.