Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 04-04-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Thanks everybody

As far as the health insurance thing goes, the reason my girlfriend doesn't have it right now is the same reason that most people don't. She is temporarily out of work and can't afford it.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Sleeping wrong and waking up with a painful, stiff neck

I don't know if you have time but a good chiropractor can be very helpful in relieving these acute neck episodes. One good crack can get all the muscles to loosen up right away. (Caveat: I think there are known though very rare instances of chiropractic neck cracks killing the patient). One session is generally not very expensive (around $50 or so). However, be skeptical of the pitch that she needs to keep coming back day in and day out for years.

Another thought is to simply tell the interviewer about the situation and request a reschedule. If the interviewer/company is reasonable I don't see why this should be a problem. Otherwise, your girlfriend might be better off not getting the job anyway.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:04 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
has no health insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize this is very expensive if you have to get it from a 3rd party, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as expensive as the potential alternative. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is actually not true. insurance is -EV by definition. how do you think insurance companies make money?

btw i am just stating the obvious. clearly with the high costs involved in serious medical treatment, insurance is a good idea.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See, this suggests to me that you didn't read it, because I mention that without health insurance, I'd be out a lot of money.

[/ QUOTE ]
That statement is exactly what I was referring to with my statement. "A lot of money" doesn't imply you have any idea what it can cost.

[ QUOTE ]
That is, I have insurance. So, to answer the question from my previous post, you feel more like ranting than thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not ranting. I'm stating s imple opinion that you are in fact a moran if you make a conscious decision not to have insurance because of the -EV factor, or pretty much any other reason other than you have a billion $ and decide to self-insure.

[ QUOTE ]
Is this realistic? It probably depends on the size of the bill involved.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously that's my point. And it's the point of insurance. You won't know what that amount is until you have to pay it.

[ QUOTE ]
Your tournament/ring game analogy is flawed, because what you're talking about is chip EV, not $ EV. Decisions in a tourney are still made to maximize EV, but the EV that you are interested in is $ EV, and frequently decisions that improve that look very different from ring game decisions, where, modulo image concerns and the like, chip EV and $ EV are the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously we're talking about real money. It's an analogy. Whether it's real $ or chips is a moot point.