Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 11:35 PM

Default weaktight on the river?

SB is 17/8 and moderately aggressive post-flop.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, SB calls.

Not sure what his stop and go here represents... my instinct was that he picked up a draw on a his middle pair.

River: (9.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Is this check weak-tight? He almost never check-raises, so I now think I should have bet this for value.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 02-08-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: weaktight on the river?

flop good.

I usually dont like stop n goes. It is like they were going to go for a check raise, but changed their mind.

Based on the turn... you need to bet the river.

Fold the river to a check/raise
Old 02-08-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure what his stop and go here represents... my instinct was that he picked up a draw on a his middle pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn card couldn't have given him a draw unless the flop bet was a total bluff; the only draw it opened up would be to hearts, and the 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is the middle pair (you have the T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], so he couldn't have picked up a draw with top pair either). His bet there is probably a semi-bluff on the paired deuces, and he likely has top pair (probably with a weaker kicker, as I have to think he'd 3-bet the flop holding AT).

The river is a mandatory bet. He doesn't have a flush, and if he caught the Q, oh well.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:48 PM

I dig it up to the River - a typical opponent will pop you for three if hit trips on the Turn. Bet the River.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:54 PM

What's your issue with stop 'n go?
Old 02-08-2005, 11:57 PM

Yeah, it's weak. He was bluffing or semibluffing at you with the 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and would have 3-bet you with trips. Bet and call a checkraise, but I think you're good here.