Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Kicking a Mod off the island: Discussion thread

This is stupid. All these competitions are stupid. I can't believe this is actually going to be used to select who is fit to moderate and who is not.

BruceZ does some awesome work over in Probability, but he'd probably be the first ones to go because he's not very well known here (or so it seems).

I wouldn't blame him if he decided not to come back to 2+2 because his mod powers were stripped in a ridiculous contest like this one - and, frankly, BruceZ would be a much greater loss to 2+2 than [censored] would be or ever will be. Even if he didn't leave, it's totally disrespectful to all the work he's done to do this just because he hasn't spent hundreds of hours upping his post count in OOT and arranging a legion of ass kissers to back his every boneheaded decision.

Man, I feel like I'm back in the primary school playground whenever I come here lately.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BruceZ does some awesome work over in Probability, but he'd probably be the first ones to go because he's not very well known here (or so it seems).

I wouldn't blame him if he decided not to come back to 2+2 because his mod powers were stripped in a ridiculous contest like this one - and, frankly, BruceZ would be a much greater loss to 2+2 than [censored] would be or ever will be. Even if he didn't leave, it's totally disrespectful to all the work he's done to do this just because he hasn't spent hundreds of hours upping his post count in OOT and arranging a legion of ass kissers to back his every boneheaded decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed 100%. Funny idea on paper, not one that's executable.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is stupid. All these competitions are stupid. I can't believe this is actually going to be used to select who is fit to moderate and who is not.

Man, I feel like I'm back in the primary school playground whenever I come here lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent post, I completely agree.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:10 AM

In all the forums, OOT and otherwise; it does not appear that the Mods are the problem in any of them.

The annoying things that occur in all forums are either caused unintentionally by new posters, by retards and trolls, or surly experienced posters who are in a rut of flaming everybody.

I can't really see any benefit to the community in subjecting mods to the discipline of the relatively confused masses.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:22 AM

OK we can begin mod elimination.

Our first contest is a grudge match that has been in the making for sometime.

[names of mods]

only one to be eliminated.

The rules. You can vote by one of two methods. Post your vote below for who leaves or if you would rather you can PM me.

The contestants are free to state their case or otherwise attempt to sway people's vote.

To be eligible to vote. You must have been a 2+2 member since [fill in the blank] have more than [fill in the blank] posts and not be a gimmick account.

Good luck to both. Polls close at [fill in the blank].

Enjoy!

Old 10-17-2005, 11:25 AM

i think [censored] should hang himself w/ his own words.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:25 AM

so according to this write up I should just subjectively pick two mods to put up....? i dont think i've been authorized to take that much power into my own hands.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:28 AM

no. it's edited so any and all mods could be listed.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:23 AM

It should definitely include all mods. Manual vote. Maybe a post in each forum to let those users know. Let the people speak!

My vote is in the other thread. gl
Old 10-17-2005, 11:36 AM

Mat's a [censored] retard if he's approving all this [censored].
Closed Thread