Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - WE WANT YOU!

[ QUOTE ]
When you say 120K hands do you mean raked hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

With TruePoker, it was hands, not raked hands. Once again, this would have to be something that would have to be worked out with a site.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-We need to be able to at a minimum 8-table and 10 or 12 would be preferred.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that players that feel the need to, should be able to 8 table. TruePoker allowed me to 8-table.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
perhaps a cashout value less than the wsop package (the difference being the value for the site so to speak). For example take 10k in cash or take the wsop package worth probably 12-13k including travel, lodging, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be possible, but I think the attractive part to the site will be that they will have a large, unique group at a major poker event.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:55 PM

I am interested in the idea. Let us know when you have more details.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:03 PM

I am interested. Keep me informed.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ODoyle,
I like every aspect of this, even the uniforms. I also like the idea of sharing the revenues from said tourney amongst the group that meets the challenge. Everyone has a vested interest in everyone else. Also, while the group of us is working off the hands, there is a significant base of moral support. The more that meet the challenge, the better the chance we walk away with something from the ME. I would also suggest that the sites, in addition to the 120K hands, require us to play in a certain number of SitNGo's, MTT or HU tourneys to prep us for tourney play. Thus, they are not only helping us get a seat, but also helping to educate us in NL tourney play, again giving us a better chance of success. I hope this gets some attention from Mr True, Mr Banana, or Mr Jones. I really like the idea, and am ready to get started on my hands. Though, I still think we should have 10 - 12 months to complete it. For the peeps already 8 tabling, 120 in 4 months is nothing. For those still 2 or 3 tabling, a longer time frame might get more people interested. The way I see it, I probably play 120K hands a year. So I am going to play that much anwyay. But now, in a given month, I play 1000 hands at Party, Empire and Multi, hours each at TB, UKB, and Will Hill, 300 at Plex, etc... you get the idea. Being able to consolidate my play to one specific site would be in the sites best interest.

Also, even with a year to play, the site stands to make a significant amount of money from those that come up short (and certainly people will come up short). 119,999K hands - no seat, but lots of rake (and tourney fees) generated.

Keep up the fight. I really like the marketing idea of the uniforms and hope that will make it an easy sell to any of the poker sites.

Besides True Poker, TGC, what other sites do you think might be interested. I would think that 100 players playing 120K hands would not be so appealing to sites like Party (but maybe the skins), or Poker Stars. But who knows, Stars would probably like a monopoly on all online WSOP qualifiers?

Perhaps we even make a web page/blog to track the challenge....gaining more pub for the site. All of us post our results, and tourney practice schedule. Set up some affiliate code ODOYLEARMY05 or something similar to get more players to sign up to the site. I think this has some real potential...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks rookie for all the support and ideas. I too would also like as long as qualifying period as possible for players. I think a year would be really stretching it though.

I liked the poster's idea of having the flexibility of qualifying for one or several events throughout the year given a player's level of play.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:26 PM

We may want to pitch this to Ultimate Bet for an Aruba package for '06.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:28 PM

Count me as interested.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:30 PM

great idea,

for me,

longer time to qualify is better than shorter
uniforms are OK- but no camo for sure!
Old 07-23-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We may want to pitch this to Ultimate Bet for an Aruba package for '06.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.