Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 02:33 AM

Default interesting preflop queston

here's the scenario, tighter then average party table. you are sitting in SB with AJo, BB is a rock, and UTG is a rock also.

UTG raises preflop and gets 1 caller from mid position. folded to you. your reads are solid, what do you do.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: interesting preflop queston

I would fold. There is a decent chance that you are dominated, especially if they hardly raise preflop. You will just be contributing money to the flop too often for it to be worth the call against two tight players. If they were suited I would call.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:39 AM

sooted i call. here it's either a fold or raise. i think if you raise you make it hard for BB to play the hand and if you get capped well, now you have a bit more info however if he just 3bets he's most likely not sitting with AA, KK, etc. (right?)
Old 05-11-2005, 02:42 AM

Uh, fold. I'm folding AJs and AQo here too. AQs is close but I wouldn't really have an issue with mucking it. If by rock you mean he isn't raising UTG with 99-JJ, then I'm definitely mucking AQs as well, and AKo is even pretty damned close.

Rob
Old 05-11-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sooted i call. here it's either a fold or raise. i think if you raise you make it hard for BB to play the hand and if you get capped well, now you have a bit more info however if he just 3bets he's most likely not sitting with AA, KK, etc. (right?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Here it's an easy fold if it's off-suit; suited I'd probably call. There are times to 3-bet AJo, but they're read-based. Here, your read is telling you that AJo isn't likely to be enough; factor in the fact that you have abysmal position and there's really no need to think twice about folding, in my opinion.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:44 AM

Dont underestimate the power of playing this hand out of position. It sucks.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:00 AM

well we haven't seen anything from BB yet, he hasn't acted. So I'm going to count him out, if he is indeed such a rock. I dunno I suppose you all are right but I hate throwing this away. Rockish as UTG is (just the raise UTG indicates so much strength in my opinion, if he's a good player) means that, like usual, i am most likely wrong and ought to fold this hand without a thought. He can have my small blind, but not my dignity.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:01 AM

Fold. Rock UTG raise = bad. Unsuited = meh. OOP = bad.

This preflop question isn't very interesting to me.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:08 AM

giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity
Old 05-11-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity

[/ QUOTE ]

Alllllriiiight.