Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: 5xBB 5-handed (Party $11)

gotta stick to your guns though, a small raise like this is weak and you'll lose alot of chips this way

you could take the big stacks on if you knew what their calling requirements were
Old 07-05-2005, 12:05 PM

agreed, this hand sucks. this isn't my standard play, i was surprised to see it this morning to tell you the truth.

i just can't beat these things, and this type of play would do it, if it happened all the time, which it doesn't. i guess i have to ramp up my aggression in the mid game to avoid having less that 10BB. I was doing that before and suffered many 6th place finishes and lost my BR. I've got 31 buy-ins now and can reload anytime really, but just once I'd like to have a deposit last longer than a few dozen games.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:49 PM

This isn't even a "bluff" this is simply put an awful play. If you keep doing stuff like this you will be playing the 11's forever.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:37 PM

I play the 10's and most of my finishes are either 1st or 6th. Given the site and level we are playing I cant imagine anytbing else happening. Really man, the first 2/3's of the game is crazy loose and then suddenly its bubble, quite predictable IMO.

Loosening up early in the game is futile and the blinds dont really justify it anyway. When I end up with 10BB I just hunt for that right spot to push, I'd much rather gamble on the bubble.