Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Noob Question

I have read the FAQs and stickies and have monitored this forum for a couple of days. I apologize if this is more of the same old, same old for you guys.

My situation. I only have an account on Pokerstars right now. I mostly play NL $200 Hold em and am investigating signing up for a rakeback deal.

Why shouldn't I sign up with the affiliate that offers the biggest percentage? What am I missing here?

The biggest question I have is how to interpret all the percentages. Am I paid a percentage of the rake for each raked hand I contribute or is only for hands I win? Any other advice that is no contained in the FAQ would be welcome. You can PM me if needed.

Thanks.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Noob Question

[ QUOTE ]
I have read the FAQs and stickies and have monitored this forum for a couple of days. I apologize if this is more of the same old, same old for you guys.

My situation. I only have an account on Pokerstars right now. I mostly play NL $200 Hold em and am investigating signing up for a rakeback deal.

Why shouldn't I sign up with the affiliate that offers the biggest percentage? What am I missing here?

The biggest question I have is how to interpret all the percentages. Am I paid a percentage of the rake for each raked hand I contribute or is only for hands I win? Any other advice that is no contained in the FAQ would be welcome. You can PM me if needed.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear God please let this be a case of my sarcasmeter being out of whack.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear God please let this be a case of my sarcasmeter being out of whack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I am a little slow, but how can someone stay in business offering 25% rakeback when someone else around in the same FAQ is offering 30%? I am just asking if I am missing something obvious. If what I see if what I get, then I will head just head to the highest percentage. Just wanted some confirmation.

I figured I would get flamed, but I at least in my title I am trying to properly advertise my ignorance and lacking of understanding what you guys find to be an easy concept. Sorry to waste your time.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:35 PM

Finding the highest RB is good, but make sure the affiliate is trustworthy. If some unknown affiliate is offering 35% when all of the large, known affiliates are offering 30%, you should proceed with caution. There have been stories of affiliates ditching out with the money.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:28 PM

Sorry if I am a little slow, but how can someone stay in business offering 25% rakeback when someone else around in the same FAQ is offering 30%? I am just asking if I am missing something obvious. If what I see if what I get, then I will head just head to the highest percentage. Just wanted some confirmation.

I figured I would get flamed, but I at least in my title I am trying to properly advertise my ignorance and lacking of understanding what you guys find to be an easy concept. Sorry to waste your time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out rakerebatereview.com for rake back affiliates. They are a good resource and watch dog.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:38 PM

You are paid a % of the rake you generate at the poker site. This is determined a couple of different ways, it depends on the poker site. As far as who to sign with the % is always nice but what good is it without trust? I would recommend just about any affiliate from Rake Rebate Review the site is strictly policed so you should not have any trouble with any affiliate there.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-09-2005, 11:41 PM

You can find a list of legitimate affiliates and the poker sites that they offer rakeback for at:

http://www.pokerincentivesreview.com

I hope that helps you.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:17 AM

I've used two different affiliates. And other than trust and %, you should consider how convient cashing out is. It's something I didn't consider, but that makes a big difference.

One makes me wait until the end of the month and makes it a pain to actually get cash (they want you to get gift cards, etc.).

The other will cash out to my poker account whenever I feel like it.

Oddly, on a site by site basis they're within 1% of each other. So, that's one more thing to consider.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:00 AM

10 Other factors to consider when selecting an affiliate...

1. The size of the affiliate and the length of time they have been in business.

2. The number of rooms offered by the affiliate.

3. The number of employees working at the affiliate.

4. The response time to inquiries. (An affiliate with a few employees can provide rapid round the clock answers to your questions, while a single person shop might only respond once/day or less)

5. The cashout methodology. Is there a monthly minimum? When do you receive the $$?

6. Does the affiliate offer regular tracking updates?

7. Is the affiliate advertising on 2+2 and rakerebatereview?

8. Does the affiliate clearly detail the added value you will receive for high volume play on their website? (ie higher % for specific performance targets)

9. Is the affiliate continuously working with the poker rooms to increase your rakeback%? (The largest affiliates will be doing this as the rake by their players increase, and the best will be returning this extra to their players)

10. Does the affiliate offer any extras, like private tournaments or coaching, that further adds value to the relationship?