Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Absolute Poker Opinions

I had a few questions about absolute. There has been a lot of talk about it lately so sifting throught the search was tedious.

1.) How's the signup bonus? 1 pt / raked hand, 100 pts = $10, 500 bonus cleared in 5,000 hands. Thats not exactly great, but it is easier than bouses like Full Tilt isn't it?

2.) How are the players, what's the general feel, etc.

3.) What's the big deal there lately? There was a lot of talk of closing accounts but it was primarily just people wildly speculating...

Thanks,

G.S.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Opinions

The sign up bonus is great (up to 500 with neteller + some free 25$ bonus I think aswell)

As for bonus clearing its not so bad either. Playing 3 tables of 1/2 6max I clear about 14$ or so an hour in bonuses. It kind of works out as a continual 10x req. bonus. Only that you can just play 3 tables at once which makes many people say that the bonus opportunities is bad because its "slow" to clear compared to party (when it really isn't).

The reload bonuses are plentiful so you'll probably never run out of bonuses to clear either. In the last week alone they have had 4 200$ reloads. Also note that you still earn rakeback when clearing bonuses.

The players are slightly tighter than the general pop on party but not much more. There's still tons of fish playing.
Table selection is a bit hard at certain times of the day since most players prefer to play in the evenings.

Cashouts were delayed a bit a few days ago but everyone has been payed now and it should be back to normal.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:28 AM

I like this site. With a rakeback and the bonuses, it is pretty profitable.

The software is a slow and can bog down sometimes, but it is not anywhere near as bad as the horror stories you hear.

The play is tighter during the week. Loosens up on weekends. It is not my primary site, but I usually try to get in 750-1200 hands a week there.

I play the 6-max games and can usually get in about 140-150 hands an hour playing two tables.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:44 AM

AP rules. You should sign up and play ASAP.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:15 AM

After playing Party's $25NL to clear the Party bonus tonight I have to re-evaluate AP - it's tighter than Party (so is a $2 whore), but beatable.

I signed up 6 Apr, I've worked off $300 or so in bonus and have more now waiting than when I did the initial deposit (50% w/ neteller and $50 newbie bonus).

If you start playing AP keep $500-600 in Neteller for the every couple of days bonus. I deposit and pull it 2 days later so I'm ready for the next bonus (keeping 300-500 in my AP account).
Old 04-23-2005, 12:06 PM

I just started (and quit) playing there recently. The bonuses are great, and new ones come constantly. Basically they are rakeback -- except you can also get rakeback...

Unfortunately, the software completely sucks. To begin with, it is slow and klunky. That alone was not enough to deter me, though. The big problems are that it locks up alot (great when you're involved in a hand) and the hand history function is flaky at best. From what I've read here, it got worse with some recent change (so that the files were corrupt). Of course, if you don't use pokertracker or something like it, then you probably don't care.

As for the oft-heard claims that everyone is a rock there, I did not find this at SH 2/4 limit, but it may be true for other games.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:21 PM

the games are okay but thier software is horrible.
but they give great bonus.

If I try to play more than 1 table it freezes up my whole computer.

I play 8 on party so I don't think it is my computer.

peace
wwonka
Old 04-23-2005, 01:26 PM

This is my second site that I play. Intertops is first. I play at AP once I clear 100 raked hands a day at Intertops. Normally I am on AP from 7pm until 2 or 3am (depending on the fish count.) The weekends are best...fish city. I play the NL1 and NL2 tables only. I know nothing about the limit games here as I do not play them.

there are many fish at the lower NL limits. Just stay tight and you will make money.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:39 PM

crappy software
Old 04-23-2005, 02:12 PM

AP can be a good site. I do not play there currently,
because of 4 or 5 minor details rather than one or two
big problems.

The software could be better, but suffices.
The bonus is good, but I could not get the games I like
often enough to suit me. That said, I generally only play
Holdem live and other games (mostly O/8) online.
CS response to my software issues was inept. I still can
not get onto a tourney table. If/when I go back I'll try
a little harder on that one.
Yes, the games are tighter than Party. They are beatable
though.