Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 04:08 AM

Default 4 of a Kind<Straight Flush

Do you bet turn in this situation?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, Button checks.

River: (9 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 12-26-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Re: 4 of a Kind<Straight Flush

About your flop play: With 2 people already committed on the flop, you are missing too much value by not 3 betting here. Against just one person there are merits to just calling the flop and checkraising the turn.

Given that you just called the flop, I would check this turn with the intention of raising every time. The MP's flop raise forced the two other players to call 2 small bets cold, this implies that MP is more likely to have a top pair hand like Ax than a draw, which means he is very likely to bet this turn with his made hand, and he still may bet the turn if hes on a draw anyways. So your turn play is fine, not all good plays work all the time.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:21 AM

3bet flop. I thought that before looking at the turn too, so don't say I'm results oriented.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:25 AM

I'd agree with that assessment now, this one a few months ago when i was first learning 6 max. Imagine how angry this result made me!!