Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-18-2005, 02:11 PM

Default hmm

I play mostly 6max. This hand pretty much sucks imo. The pfr was decently passive. Tell me what u do.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.20 BB
Old 12-18-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: hmm

Seems fine. Raising doesn't really do...anything.

The only decision i'm mulling is the river call. A passive player three-bets preflop and then bets that river into a protected pot...i don't know if you are good even 5% of the time here.

The more I think about it...this is a river fold.

Will
Old 12-18-2005, 02:35 PM

I'd also say fold the river, but the pot is 13.2 Big Bets large. I guess you can fold if you're confident enough in you read or have PT stats on him over a laaaarge sample size.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:38 PM

yeah u are probably probably right. Maybe sucks is a bad word

Also Le Samurai is essentially the greatest movie of all time
Old 12-18-2005, 03:06 PM

I think at least on in 13 times or whatever the pre-flop three-bettor is getting freaky with AK and the UTG guy is a total donk...

I don't like raising here really. We have too many outs against AA (and even 2 against KK) that I don't want to raise the turn and be put in a position of folding 6% equity or whatever. So I don't like raising the turn.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:57 PM

I don't like folding the river because I think, like Will said, there is enough of a chance that the pfr is being stupid with AK. UTG is never beating us here so this isn't a concern directly to have a better hand than us. I'd be really tempted to donk this river as AK/JJ make up a large portion of this guys 3-betting range and IMO both hands will call a river bet. Furthermore, AA/KK probably don't raise the river as a passive guy will fear and oddly played flush/two pair/set. So if you think a bet should go in on the river I like putting it in myself here.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:48 PM

I dunno guys. The read we are given is that villain is both a) decent and b) passive. I don't see how this adds up to going insane with AK. Given this read I find it really, really unlikely that villain will make a river bet into a protected pot without having us beat. We might be good 1-25 times if we are lucky.

Heads-up, I call. Against an unknown, I call. But this read combined with a protected pot lets us fold.

Will
Old 12-18-2005, 05:59 PM

Since MP2 is fairly passive...I'd much rather bet/fold the river than check/overcall.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:03 PM

You're the favorite on the flop, and getting 2:1, I'd check-raise. As a side note you'll pick a lot of information about the 3-bettors hand this way since he will be much less likely to 3-bet a hand that you beat with the 3rd player in the pot as well, and he's already passive to begin with.

Your play is ok, certainly very passive and safe against a passive opponent who is showing strength. When your opponent bets the river into 2 players again, your hand is worth a crying call at best, but I couldn't fold either after showing so little strength.

-Eric
Old 12-18-2005, 11:06 PM

If he's capable of raising AK on the flop, I bet.
If he's not, I play the same but I fold the river.