Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Party policy on \"unfair advantage\" software

They have added a link with greater discussion. Here.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Party policy on \"unfair advantage\" software

Looks like (personal DB/PT) HUDs, PT-type programs, odds calculators are officially OK. It's not clear whether they consider datamining programs to be bots, but it looks like they'd be ok.. " (“bots”) specifically created to play at a table in place". Glad they finally released some well written guidelines.

[ QUOTE ]
We do not suspend/cancel/freeze a player account or confiscate any funds in that account, unless that player, having been first notified by us, continues to play on our site using the same offending software.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good thing. This means Ex-PokerEdge users (like me) that were warned can still use PV, GT+ or PokerAce HUDs, and if those are banned in the future, we'll get another warning. The warning email was unclear about this.. "If we detect that you continue to use such programs we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site...
Old 08-08-2005, 06:03 PM

I am impressed by this. It's actually clear what the rules are now.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:13 PM

Very cool to get this issue explained in further detail by Party. As far as i can understand, my MTH should also be allowed, according to their terms.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like (personal DB/PT) HUDs, PT-type programs, odds calculators are officially OK. It's not clear whether they consider datamining programs to be bots, but it looks like they'd be ok.. " (“bots”) specifically created to play at a table in place". Glad they finally released some well written guidelines.

[ QUOTE ]
We do not suspend/cancel/freeze a player account or confiscate any funds in that account, unless that player, having been first notified by us, continues to play on our site using the same offending software.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good thing. This means Ex-PokerEdge users (like me) that were warned can still use PV, GT+ or PokerAce HUDs, and if those are banned in the future, we'll get another warning. The warning email was unclear about this.. "If we detect that you continue to use such programs we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site...

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the summary
Old 08-08-2005, 07:44 PM

It would be quite simple to completely remove the advantage of data mining by replacing the names of opponents at the table and in the hand histories with generic "seat n" labels.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:42 AM

This idea would work with one adjustment....they would need to make sure it was clear when a new player was seated. Maybe give the players a version number...Seat 1.1, Seat 1.2

LOL
G'luck all,
LVGamb00ler
Old 08-09-2005, 02:35 AM

"If these claims are true and a player at your table were using this program, would it place you at an unfair disadvantage? Consider also that the company that sells this program—the core of which is a massive database of hand histories of as many online players it can get—actually offers its customers the option to conceal their own name on this database, from other users of this program. Is there not a risk that this becomes a process by which players become pressured into buying the programs at least in part, to ensure that their data is not available to other purchasers ? A privileged club who are not at risk of suffering the disadvantage as someone would be who has not bought that program? We think there is this risk and that it is not in the interests of poker players".

- The problem with pokeredge seems to be the option of hiding your own stats. Too bad, it was a nice tool.

Are people still using PE somehow?
Old 08-09-2005, 09:49 AM

About [bleep]ing time. I may not agree with their view on PokerEdge, but at least it's now perfectly clear what the rules are, and what's forbidden (PokerEdge & Poker Prophecy) and allowed (Poker Tracker, GT+) by Party Poker.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:15 AM

I like that I basically explained this logic to the Zoo weeks ago and no one believed me.