Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: From Party to What?

Thank you for the responses.

PS. Because I know I'm not alone imagining the growing tightness of Party, here is a 2+2er (goodguy1) pretty much confirming what I've noticed and ripping into someone who critized the OP for suggesting it:

"there are so many arrogant asses on this board it's amazing..

You make valid points about Party ..there are better games to play away from Party. The problem is it's work to find them ..you may need to scan the top 10-12 rooms to find the "best games", have accounts at those rooms and have accounts funded-not many players do this except for hard-core grinders who dont mind spreading a lot of their bankroll over many rooms.

To jump on this guy and go off on a tanget and critique his play is ridiculous.

Party games have gotten worst each month since in general from the peak of game fishiness about 2 years. Are there still good games ? yes Can you still make good money? yes ...Is it harder to make the same money assuming one stays at the same limit as he/she played in the past? Yes.. Party and all games will continue to get tougher.

The median avg.pot average size of what are considered "good-great games" have come down drastically in all full games. 6MAX games have stayed good thu..but full games have deteriorated badly..table VIP's continue to drop.. The easy lazy money has been made-now we at least I have to work a bit harder for it. This kid makes a valid statement and you all want to jump on him- so much bullsshit on this board so much posturing. "
Old 11-15-2005, 05:51 PM

I haven't played on Party since they split from Empire. Not out of protest. I just wanted to spend some time at other sites and work off some bonus opportunities.

I've played quite a bit on Stars, Full Tilt, UB, some of the cryptos, and smaller sites. I usually play $3/6 6 max with an occasional $2/4 or $5/10 table thrown in the mix. The games are really great on each site. Very profitable. I thought they were on Party too though.

I play 6 max and heads up games. I think they play is horrible in a short handed situation. The weak/tighties seem to flock to the full games and the LAGs flock to the short handed games (in general). If you can stand the swings, I would suggest short handed play on ANY site if you are playing low limits.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:50 AM

College kids aren't working on their papers. They are attending mixers and trying to get laid.

The WSOP just aired and it is definitely not going to cause a reduction in fish.

Party isn't drying up. The fish aren't swimming upstream to some other site. Wherever you go they are there. You need to find them.

Work on your table selection skills.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
. IMO...The tables have tightened up somewhat in the last two months, especially at the $50-$200 no-limit, full ring games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mined @3000 $50NL hands at Party last night - avg saw flop % was 26.5% - very tight for Party and significantly tighter than UB and FullTilt over the same period at the same level.