Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: NHL thought / bet for tonight

Right - i didn't mean to imply I was testing... I'm just placing a bet / gambling with what I think is a small edge. I do keep all my bets and reasons in a database - so in a couple years when I have some sample size on this, I'll let you know the results [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I've only been betting on sports for about 6 months now, and it's been interesting so far. Poker is way more lucrative for me but I like the work and research that goes into sports betting so it's a fun side hobby.

As for my results thus far, I've been pretty down on just handicapping games, but WAY up on futures bets and divisional champion, series champion bets. The future bets play to my strength of analyzing situations and seeing the public bias on certain teams (baseball playoffs were way off this year).

Anyway, as far back as I can remember with the hawks, whenever the captain or coach has an outburst with young players, they play better for a couple weeks. Then when they suck again and get yelled at again, the effect is usually minimized. Since this is the first time something like this has happened this year for a very young team, I'm banking on them playing better than usual tonight and maybe for a couple more games.