Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Macs And Poker

...I have XP home. I have 6 sites loaded....I only have money in 3, but there has been zero problems so far.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Pacific Poker Java

have u tried the java version at pacific? im dying to play there but wen i try to go to a table it loads blank, with sound but blank...ive emailed them asking if maybe their type of java doesnt work for mac - but got no reply. the lobby loads properly and everything. if any mac users could give it a try and get back to me id appreciate it. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Pacific Poker Java

Try using a different browser. For example, when I was playing at pokerroom I often had difficulty playing there using Safari, but I never had problems using Internet Explorer.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:40 PM

ive tried using netscape and internet explorer, safari is the only one that will load the lobby, but then like i said the tables r blank. (pure black screens). if anyone with a mac is willing to try opening the java version using safari id be eternally greatful!! ive been trying different tweaking things but if i can find out that it just doesnt work on mac then i can finally give up...
Old 02-21-2005, 07:53 PM

Well I have tried with both Safari and Opera with no luck. I got as far as creating an account but whenever I would try to load the lobby it would always just sit around 70% complete.

I have always hated pacific anyway.

Let me know if you have any progress, because I would rather not have to play through Virtual PC.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:32 PM

I have a powerbook 667 with 1G ram and VPC 6 is painfully slow.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:44 PM

Yup. It's going to be slow no matter what. Doesn't really matter unless you are playing multiple tables. In that case it's probably just a better idea to buy an extremely low end PC for a couple hundred bucks.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:54 AM

at first i was only able to get it downlaoded to 70% too, then it started loading fully, but only with safari. IE still only loads to 70%. i dont kno why it loads with safari now, and i really dont kno y the tables r blank!! arg. wen i emailed them they said that wen it stops at 70% thats due to firewalls and blocked ports, but they didnt answer my question about the blank tables in safari. ive emailed 3 times in the past 2 weeks.

the reason i really wanna get this to work is also cuz i dont wanna have to use VPC all the time. altho it runs very well on my ibook, it eats up the battery twice as fast and makes the fan go on way more often (annoying).
Old 02-22-2005, 02:37 AM

that's what I ended up doing, and even my ancient poker pc is way faster than vpc6. vpc7 is supposed to have been a big improvement. it does suck having a separate poker computer though.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:35 AM

there's a theory out there that poker sites are scared of mac users because obviously we must be much smarter than PC users, so we would have an unfair advantage. at least, that's what i read on the internet. so it must be true.

or maybe they just don't want us saying stuff like "iFlush" or "iRiver". beats the hell out of me.

oh, and emptying the safari cache sometimes works on pokerroom, it might for pacific as well.