Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Most Interesting Drinking game you\'ve heard of

[ QUOTE ]
catagories.
I recall some sort of rythmic hand drumming on the table, I don't think it mattered, just got people a bit energized..
"chosen one" chose a catagory like 'automobiles" and in turn around the table each player had to name an automobile, first one stumped drank.
You could make stuff up if you were stumped. If challanged and you couldn't talk you way out of your "made up", you drank, if you were successful, the challanger drank.
The stumpee became the next chosen one.
You could choose obscure catagories, but you could then be challanged immediately to name one for each player at the table.
I think there was a 3-5 second time limit to name your catagory. It was more than a few years ago.
There may have been an additionnal penalty it you lost in your own catagory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Called Thumper
Old 10-18-2005, 03:02 PM

My favorite game of all time is Beer Die. Its played on a piece of plywood like beer-pong, and its insanely fun. 2v2 or 1v1. Its very popular in Naval Aviation, and if you want to search for the rules I'm pretty sure a couple F-14 squadrons have them on their home pages.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite game of all time is Beer Die. Its played on a piece of plywood like beer-pong, and its insanely fun. 2v2 or 1v1. Its very popular in Naval Aviation, and if you want to search for the rules I'm pretty sure a couple F-14 squadrons have them on their home pages.

[/ QUOTE ]
sitting or standing?
Old 10-18-2005, 03:13 PM

Zoom-
ach round of the game begins with: "The name of the game is Zoom, Schwartz Profigliano". Although all drinking games should begin with something along these lines, it is particularly important in this game as you can change the rules each round.

Then, the first player looks at anyone else in the circle and says Zoom. They can look at anyone else and say Zoom (but you can never "Zoom the Zoomer").

Instead of saying Zoom, they can look at the person who gave them the turn and say "Schwartz". This passes it back to them(and is the move to stick with if you aren't any good at drinking games). You can also look at any other player and say "Profigliano". This is the same as a "Schwartz" (ie. whoever zoomed you gets the turn), but you can look at anyone - beaucoup confusing!

You must make eye contact whenever making a move. If you f up you drink. Once everyone's got the hang of it, you can bring other rules in one-by-one:

Butaman - gives the turn to the person on your right, no matter who you look at.

Coleman - give the turn to the person to the left of _whoever you look at_.

Smith - gives it to yourself, no matter who you look at. This won't fool any true gamers, but it might work sometimes for newbies. Uncle Toby? - gives it to the person 2 to the right of _whoever you look at_. Before they move, though, the person you looked at must say "yooooouuuu raaaaaannng?" like Lurch from the Addam's Family. Once they've done this, the person 2 to their right makes their move. Morowitz - gives it to the person who spoke 2 turns before the Morowitz was used, e.g. Butaman, Zoom, Morowitz - whoever said the Butaman now has the turn. (This is a real prick, if you find any hard-drinking maths students look out!)

To add these other rules, you name them at the start of the round, e.g. "The name of the game is Zoom, Schwartz, Profigliano, Coleman" is the standard game with the Coleman move - if someone tries "Butaman" or something they drink.

There must always be a minimum of 2 moves in the game.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:15 PM

sitting. you need to have a low center of gravity to be able to catch the dice tumbling off the table at sometimes pretty quick speeds.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:15 PM

Green Sign Game- drink every time you drive by a green sign. Note, game to be played with a designated driver.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:18 PM

This is entirely too confusing. Although it seems like a decent enough game to get the girls involved with. I can imagine 6 or 7 guys sitting around indian style playing this game in a dorm room and giggling incoherently everytime someone punts. I can also imagine punching them.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:32 PM

I think its called stomp a mudhole in the guy with the box of wine.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:37 PM

On a serious note take a Jenga(r)game and write things like take a # or drinks; give a number of drinks; kiss the girl next to you and that kind of stuff on the pieces. Play Jenga(r) do what the pieces say. Drink a full beer and a shot if you knock over the tower. That is fun.

Not a drinking game but playing Apples to Apples(r) with drunk people was one of the best nights I have had out for a while.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:01 PM

while i've played with different names, this game rules, and is suprisingly easy to pick up on.

also, playing 1-on-1 is much more interesting than it seems like it would be.