Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: 2/4:overpair vs possible flush-wasn\'t sure what to do in this situ

"In any case, I certainly won't check/fold here since my hand could be good and my draw could be good. I think it's too much hand to c/f. I probably c/c though. And then maybe c/f the turn. Most people won't fire two shots on this scary of a board without beating you."

i see what you are saying,but i think people with A8 with bet again,because in this game i could well have a crappy flush draw,and if i check to someone with a crappy flush draw i think they'll quite possibly bet again and i'll fold the best hand
i bet out to avoid these two situations,i suppose,both of which seem quite likely to me
what would you advise doing differently to avoid folding the best hand,or should i just check fold the turn anyway?

"In any case, I certainly won't check/fold here since my hand could be good and my draw could be good. I think it's too much hand to c/f."

if this was my reasoning on the flop,as it was,why does that change on a none too threatening turn?
(i'm not disputing that it might,just trying to figure out why,given that i think if i check the turn a bet could mean anything)
Old 07-24-2005, 04:53 PM

this contradicts your previous post.

if you are fairly certain he is on naked ace, then you should hope for him to get it all in.

you can't have folding equity against JJ with d, qq with d, and have naked ace call you with incorrect odds. you can't have both.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:56 PM

yeah i see what you mean,but i'm not entirely surely he has the naked A
and surely i still have fold equity against JJ,say,who may conculde that he is beaten when i bet the turn?

i suppose i think he probably has the A/draw,but if not i have fold equity against whatever he might have
Old 07-24-2005, 09:27 PM

Maybe you are right that people in this game will fire twice with A8. If that is the case, then I think c/c flop, lead turn is your best bet. That way you protect against a better flush draw and you also avoid folding a better hand. If he raises the turn, I am guessing that you can safely fold.