Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 12-06-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Cheater Software

Recently on Prima one of those annoying advertisements flashed through the chat box, but instead of being for rakeback or bonus' it was for software that supposedly showed your opponents cards. Has anyone else seen this ad? Does this software truly work? If anyone knows please reply. I'm not interested in using the software, I just don't care to give my money to cheaters and will be spending more time at B & M's. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Cheater Software

No it doesn't.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:27 PM

Don't you think he would be using it to make millions playing and winning as opposed to selling it for 29.99?
Old 12-06-2005, 06:36 PM

cheatersoftwareisrigged

-ZEN
Old 12-06-2005, 07:04 PM

I got it before, but it was stupid so I just deleted it.
Internet gaming sites would probably catch it anyways
Old 12-12-2005, 07:34 PM

Thanks for all your replies.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:14 AM

I was playing on Stars last night in a S&G and some guy was way short stacked. So this guy and another go to the flop after a call and a check.

Board reads something like 6h Ah 9d.

Short stack checks
Button checks

Turn Ac

short stack goes all in
button quickly calls

Short stack turns up Q high
Button shows a flush draw and makes it on the River

The short stack flipped out and accused the other guy of cheating and looking at his cards via some magic software. It was really pretty funny considering it was like a couple hundred more for the guy to call the all in. He stuck around as an observer for like 20 minutes and harrassed the poor guy for making a good call.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Recently on Prima one of those annoying advertisements flashed through the chat box, but instead of being for rakeback or bonus' it was for software that supposedly showed your opponents cards. Has anyone else seen this ad? Does this software truly work? If anyone knows please reply. I'm not interested in using the software, I just don't care to give my money to cheaters and will be spending more time at B & M's. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is some software out there that will share hole cards if you choose that option with other user's of the software. You can not see all the hole cards of the other players not using the software though. The sites are aware of these programs and will ban you for using them.

I'm not sure which cheating software is the one you saw the spam for, but typically these don't even have the collusion feature I mentioned above. Typically these are actually comnplete scams, you pay them money then they direct you to legitimate software which you then have to pay for as well to use.

If you are wondering, there is no known software that will allow you to see the hole cards of your opponents. None of the spam you see while playing is for such a program.

--Zetack